Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

The max continuous discharge is 20A, so for a 4p battery pack it is 80A. Hence for a single motor build you can set the battery amps to 80 if the VESC can handle it or for a dual motor build, you can set the battery amps at 40A/VESC

Would you treat the unity like a single or dual? I am thinking single, but I really dont want to screw anything up.

I have not used the unity so I’m not sure about how it handles it. Someone else might be able to answer that.

I have a unity. You set it up as dual. So you would input 80A as your battery discharge and it knows what to do.

it is correct, just rotated 180 degrees unplugged.

2 Likes

At very least you need a lathe and appropriate lathe tooling, and various metal stock. A mill would probably also help.

Look on the side of the connector - each side has a molded polarity indicator. Make sure the + side has the red wire, and the - side has the black wire.

You can’t plug the connectors backwards, they’re keyed. But if they’ve got the wires backwards on the connectors, you will blow up your vesc.

I know you can’t plug them backwards and the + & - are molded on. I just saw the colors not lineing up and pointed it out to @Saturn_Corp.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Is there any info out there for evolve motor amps? I have looked everywhere and can’t find anything.

Might anyone know if a TB 218 will fit 2x boardnamics mount with a TB 6374 and a bkb 6374? I read that the bkb actually measures 6384. If the TB motor is true to spec, it should fit, I guess?
Also, do both have true to spec kvs, or does someone know how they deviate?

here is the someone who sells the conversion kit :

and this is a 3d printed one :

2 Likes

cool i have all of that availible to use/where are you getting your information ive done like 10 searches and havent found anything

@Thermalm16 on the other forum used them but I don’t see him on this site.

@J0ker, did Cadi ever run the gold evolve motors?

Can anyone point me at a link for ackmaniac 3.102 built for a mac?

Ta in ad va

1 Like

@dickyho or others,
What do these other options mean? (12.5mm, 17mm, 16mm)

That should be the pulley belt width

1 Like

I don’t know specifically about Evolve motors. However the general consensus is that Evolve motors and 5065 Racerstar 140kv are identical. Racerstar spec sheet says max current 34A × 2 motors = 68 max motor current in Unity settings

I’m using 12S4P 30Q and wanted to start with conservative settings and haven’t changed it since. These settings are enough for my needs and the motors have never been too warm. Maybe this could be good settings to get you up and running:

1 Like

Looking for some advice. Been procrastinating to put a fuse on the chargeport but now im determined to do it. I use a xt60 as chargeport and have a 6 amp charger. I was thinking to buy a 15 a fuse since that gives me some space if I want to upgrade to a beefier charger later. Should I go lower or higher or is 15 amps fine?

1 Like

True my bad :ok_hand:

You sure about this? I just asked Jeff in another thread. My motors are max 60A each and my slider doesn’t go up to 120A I don’t think.

Edit:

@Posterduck, motor setting is per motor, not total. Please don’t double it right away.

1 Like