Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Not that I know of. I dont have the pre-plus anymore or Id look and see.

Iirc the sk3 6374’s don’t fit on the same hanger the same direction because they’re obnoxiously long.

Alright, so I’d have to put them opposite sides?

1 Like

Either yin yang style (opposite sides) or dual diagnal (one on front truck one wheel, one on back truck opposite wheel)

1 Like

You could use multiple smaller (say 14awg) wires in parallel, or get some copper braid - it’s available in a wide variety of sizes, up to and above 12AWG equivalent.

1 Like

Start by setting the motor current to what the motor is rated for, and go from there.

Is it possible, with unlimited time and resources? Yes.

Is it Practical? no.

2 Likes

I have unlimited time what resources we talking?

@mmaner

Hooked it up to my other battery and lights came on (along with a slight occasional popping noise but I’m sure that’s nothing).

Looks like my crappy pack, or my wire leads might be the problem.

Using a split xt connector could cause issues? I didn’t think it would since it’s a closed circuit

Vs worked fine with other connector on other pack.

1 Like

Just check solder joints for all the wiring. Start from the main feed and work backwards. Usually when I have issues like this, and I can’t find it fast, I just tear down the pack and start over. Keep in mind I mean down to the pee groups not to individual cells.

1 Like

The evolve reps that I have talked to have not been able to tell me this. Is there an easy way to find it, or does anyone else know?

Is the connector in the right orientation in this pic?

If yes it appears the polarity is reversed.

1 Like

Your battery should be able to give you 80A. It’s 20A per parallel group on 30q cells.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info. Was I right about discharge though?

No I’m saying your battery discharge could go up to 80A.

Oh. What would you reccomend I set it to then?
If I want 60a max.

Why do you want 60A max battery discharge specifically when your pack can do more?

My belief was that each 30q could do 15a discharge and I am running a 4p setup. Am I wrong?

30Q has been tested and shown that it is underestimated, so while the spec sheet says that it is 15A it is in reality better and performs well at 20A.

1 Like

What about discharge?