Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

my first esk8 was that diyeboard kit, on a landy switchblade with pink 107s and geared 14 / 48,
i really liked the aggressive ride and brakes and hardly had any issues with it, thats why i recommended it to my friend in the first place

after a year and a half it got stolen, if it wasnt for that i would still be riding it

Yes

If I have a 12s4p 30Q battery pack and I am looking for a charger - should I be assuming 0.7C charging rate, so essentially a 2.5A charger?

So assuming 12s 2.5A charger?

You got 4p there, 4A charger is fine

3 Likes

Cell is 3Ah but as mentioned 4P so effectively 12Ah at .7C it’s about 8.4A

1 Like

Anyone using the direct drives from flipsky? How are they treating you. Im trying to pick a motor set to put on the neo deck when it arrives.

Thank you and @tipsy thank you

@b264 do you know if it’s possible to hook up a metr pro to 2 focboxes that are wired dual independent? Get data from both VESCs?

1 Like

You’ll only pull it from one ESC but you can double the data in settings so that it reports closer to correct total values.

2 Likes

@DerelictRobot You lost the reply again. :laughing:

1 Like

The only thing I can recommend at this point is doing several discharge/charge cycles in a row with the balance charger. It’s possible it was at drift when it was assembled.

You should see delta decrease after a few cycles, if not, I would talk to Baja about your overall battery health. If it’s not correcting the drift after some cycles and it’s fairly new, I’d say that’s a problem.

3 Likes

Yes, what @DerelictRobot said

2 Likes

fine, just don’t buy the thick stuff.
i got some pads that were like 3mm thick and it was shit. they dont stick and they break really easily
(like play-doh).
this is what i got
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07R4W4TTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think Arctic brand is better

2 Likes

Yeah I figured it’s something pretty important, I’ll go ‘name brand’

You think 1mm or .5? :thinking:

1 Like

I would say either is fine. I think i would choose .5mm if I was transferring heat onto a heatsink and1mm if it is just to disperse the heat, like on the drv.

Just a quick question, what is your preference to put between the esc and heatsink?
thermal paste, pad or nothing?

• Paste
  • Pad
  • Nothing

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has done thermal paste yet, unless they’re using those little fin heatsinks… And meh those aren’t the same as having a fat mass for dissipation

1 Like

My answer is “as little as physically possible while still having good thermal transfer.”

If the two surfaces are a good fit and both nice and flat, then just a whif of paste is best.
If there is more than 0.1mm gap, then thermal pad.

I do not recommend using nothing - there’s too much air gap even between “perfectly mating” parts.

4 Likes

So what’s your take on using the pads to achieve contact with the DRV and MCU, is it worth the effort?

Is it safe for them to share the same heatsink?

No.

3 Likes

Heck but I like my art projects :scissors::scissors:

2 Likes