Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Assuming the cells are the same yes doubling amount in parallel roughly doubles range maybe a bit more since cells won’t be losing as much to heat.

1 Like

Love the junction box got a link?

1 Like

@longhairedboy

1 Like

What cells are in the 10s2p battery you have?

1 Like

Metroboard has good prices on batteries right now.

1 Like

I dont know they are “generic” non Samsung from metroboard @b264

1 Like

All that really matters is the cells and the assembly (good nickle used and spot welding of cells is solid and other things) there is just no branding on the outer shell but some of the packs there are marked as using lg mh1 cells

For the one’s that don’t say I’m not sure what cells are used.

At the same voltage negating losses due to resistance in the cell itself adding more mAh linearly adds more distance but at 2P with 10A discharge or less per cell you’d be limited to about 20A discharge and probably be getting some substantial voltage sag.

1 Like

I didnt notice they had lgs … I’m just sketched wondering how big I really need as I know I want at least 3x what I’m getting now So I probably need a s6 to get 10miles?

Personally scooped the 10S 5P one but working on porting my receiver code and just got the rest of my parts for the build minus stuff I need to print today, probably assemble and test this weekend.

3 Likes

You gonna do the silver surfer I bet its gonna be dope we all are gonna have expectations for you

I got it off polycase.com while pricy Its been worth the cost. The best part is the website has a search by size feature.

2 Likes

Haha not the people who know my builds :slight_smile: I keep it pretty minimal, but I am trying to make something more all weather and long treks so definitely stoked to try and make it great. Shame to have to put any sort of holes in this deck but it has to happen.

4 Likes

Please skin your avatar on top at least it would be so sick!

1 Like

how low can you go? whats the minimum clearance you would ride with, mostly bike trail riding? Right now Im sittin at 2.5" clearance w/ TB AT tyres on a 2" drop deck and need a bigger battery trying to figure out how lol

is there any issue putting the loop key on the negative side of the battery?

Maybe if I have money for skinner one of these days, but probably keep it stock for a bit since it is my first really nice deck to be honest. I like the silver surfer back story though and character design:

" Originally a young astronomer named Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La, he saved his homeworld from the planet devourer, Galactus, by serving as his herald. Imbued in return with a tiny portion of Galactus’s Power Cosmic,[5] Radd acquired vast power, a new body and a surfboard-like craft on which he could travel faster than light. Now known as the Silver Surfer, Radd roamed the cosmos searching for planets for Galactus to consume. When his travels took him to Earth, he met the Fantastic Four, who helped him rediscover his nobility of spirit. Betraying Galactus, the Surfer saved Earth but was exiled there as punishment"
-Wikipedia

1 Like

@Skatardude10 no (doesn’t matter) as far as I know it should be pretty much the same once the circuit is broken the current will stop flowing, there might be some minor residual voltage pushing things around from capacitors and whatnot for a few moments to seconds after disconnect but don’t think anything to be concerned about.

1 Like

I’ll measure my clearance in a bit.

1 Like

@gustavthemighty

The male portion (with prongs) won’t go south. The antispark resistor is in the female portion, that’s what can fail. I’d either epoxy it in, or 3d print a thing that can either be screwed, snapped, or epoxied in.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to use the esk8 calculator to figure out my range, but i have no idea what kind of wh/km my board will have. Does anyone know what kind of power usage I might get from my build? I’ll be using the Haggy drive system with bergmeisters and 6374 190kv motors, I weight 72kg and i live in a fairly flat area.