Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I think he wants to connect the Binary LingYi ESC to the FSESC.

You don’t need both. Both are Motor controller.

Either use the FSESC or the binary esc (the right one)

If you decide to use the fsesc you need a remote for it, because the Remote you have is only for the right Motor Controller.

1 Like

I havnt programmed two vescs in CAN in forever. For the vesc tool guided setup will I connect one at a time or both via USB and can?

I would test it out but my Focboxes are 3 hours away 🤷

For Focbox, I do one at a time with master first, then slave then writes and power off before connecting can cable. Ask me why.

1 Like

hey trying to connect to flipsky dual 6.6 plus to the vesc tool and getting this message

“Could not autoconnect. Make sure that the USB cable is plugged in and that the VESC is powered”

I’m following how they’ve set it up in the video but can’t get it to connect.

Which OS? I had no luck with Win7 but Win10 fixed everything.

1 Like

I have windows 10 :open_mouth:

Try two or three different cables.

1 Like

What i usually try are different cables, a different usb Port and try changing the selected COM port in the connections tab. Maybe restart the vesc and reconnect after that.

1 Like

I changed between 4 different cables and tried the different coms thing. Is this is the correct port im supposed to connect to on the flipsky dual 6.6 plus right?

its sowing up in the devices area
Untitledrdawre

Option B would be to go into the device manager and deinstall the VESC COM. Unplug the vesc and restart it, plug it back in, let it install. Try again with selecting the COM port in the vesc tool. What version do you use?

vesc tool is 1.25

@PimpleExpress Have you tried giving power to the esc before plugging it in? It’s a stupid question but sometimes it helps with flipskys

1 Like

Yeah its hooked up to the battery and I turn it on wait 10sec or so then connect usb.

1 Like

Well I’m out of ideas :rofl:
All lights act as normal?

1 Like

http://www.driverscape.com/download/stmicroelectronics-virtual-com-port

This was suggested to me before. It didn’t work on Win7, but I never tried it on Win10 because my issues were solved by then.

1 Like

seems like im missing something but I have to pay/register to download this thing?

yeah the blue and green ones that are supposed to be on are on

1 Like

Not sure if thats a Flipsky thing but my TB 4.12 vescs didn’t need anything external installed.

1 Like