Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Does somebody know a good 6s/12s? Lipo charger?
I have 2x 12.000 6s Lipos and it takes for ever to charge them one by one with Just 2.2A because its limited to 80Watts. (imax b6) Would prefer a not so expensive charger.

1 Like

Hi guys., îs this good diagram for The D140 bms?

this îs The bms o have. And this îs The diagram

@Trampa

will this damage my wheel if I keep using it? I had a quite hard fall today at 50kph and the board surprisingly survived quite well under those circumstances. But it left me with that scratch.
And I also had a wheel that lost a ton of air, but it doesn’t seem to be flat yet.

No; that’s the diagram from the manufacturer and it’s not for esk8 use. Try this instead

1 Like

Anyone?

1 Like

Share the build goal as well if possible.

2 Likes

@NoWind sells them

1 Like

For like 100 usd

This diagram îs for discharge bms or for only charge. And The fuse îs on The positive charger port?

And Îs not a big different between The diagram

This for “bypass” where the ESCs are not discharging through the BMS. The lights or accessories, however, should be.

I put the loopkey and fuse on the positive when wiring this way. If you don’t need lights/accessories, then maybe like this

but with a lights/accessories circuit, more like

2 Likes

I use an AR400 from keenstone and separate ac/DC power supply, can do 500W total so for two 6S can parallel charge at 500 / 25.2V = 19A (limited by charger and max voltage needed). If both are say 5Ah batteries can charge them at full 1C with 10A in 1hr. Pretty sure model I have is discontinued but replaced by other 500W options.

If its only scratch, smoothen it down a bit and that’s it. If there is a crack, replace tge hub ring. You only need half the hub.

2 Likes

Thankyou. I will use without lights :slight_smile:

I somehow only find 1 model but limited to 100w. amazon only gives me 6 Results with lipo charger 500w. And everything i find is limited to 100w or costs over 100+ bucks.

Yah one I got was $80 so wasn’t super cheap but it is unavailable now. I’ve heard good things about these as well (isdt one) but pretty sure also still requires beefy ac to DC was previously using a bench power supply I use for testing stuff without exploding it for that but been using led driver ac to DC 500W for at least a few months now I think.

ISDT T8 Battgo Lipo Battery Charger/Discharger, Balance Charger Discharger 30A 1000W DC 2-8S LCD Display Digital Smart Battery Balance Charger for Li-Po Li-Hv Li-Ion Li-Fe NiMH Ni-Cd Pb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SRQR54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_75AKDbRTW73PM

This is basically one I have but $30 more now and reviews seem a bit hit or miss so might be clearance of old stock or something

EVPEAK LiPo Battery Balance Charger Black Version AR1 500W 25A DC Lipo Battery Charger Discharger for LiPo/LiHV/Life/NiMH/NiCD/Pb Battery Packs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D4POP6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_V3AKDbQQ2CGHW

Damn those are some prices. Thanks.

Option B would be to hook up a BMS and use a Standart 12s charger, like the ones i already use on my 10s batteries.

1 Like

@xsynatic Yeah, I’m really confused why anyone wants to use the hobby-style chargers at all.

A BMS and a brick charger seems so much better to me. I sold my iMax B6 a long time ago because that whole shenanigan sucked asshole.

I guess they’re great if you enjoy maintenance {and dislike water-resistant boards}, but I happen to prefer riding above that :metal:

1 Like

Most of them are super expensive or suck like the b6.

Yeah it handles 6A, but oh you have a 6s battery? 2Amps, take it or leave it sucker.

Charging 24Ah with 2 Amps is not fun.

Just gotta find someone who hooks my batteries up to a bms because i aint touching that.

I charge 29Ah with 2A all the time.

1 Like