Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I don’t understand your diagram, but using a switch to turn that on should be fine. Make sure it’s rated for 50VDC or more

It definitely isn’t rated for that, but I don’t know why switches are rated for a certain voltage anyway, since it’s current that kills.

Voltage causes sparks and the current determines how strong the spark is.

Given a high enough voltage, any switch will just arc over.

1 Like

anyone know where i can get a 12s3p thats already built?

That’s a very good price, the only problem is that’s a discontinued product and you can’t get them anymore.

Not 12S (10S instead) but just ordered one myself from here https://metro-board.com/e-skate-shop/battery-metroboard/ generally speaking 10S is a bit safer in terms of margin of error for voltage tolerance on components for most VESC variants. Can’t speak to the quality since still in shipping but posted by trusted member and a pretty good deal for prebuilt 18650 based if in the US. Would help to know where you are since shipping large batteries is easier the more local it is (no need for boats and extra precautions and paperwork)

Woops looks like CA from profile but pretty sure metro boards is there so probably worth taking a look.

3 Likes

Im in USA, thanks for response. So with those we would still need bms, on off switch ?

These come with a switch but will still need a BMS or charger otherwise.

Personally go antispark plug for the “switch” I don’t have a full plan yet for the battery but ordered the “35 mile” one.

They have an internal BMS already wired in “discharge”. If you use a loop key, it is cheap and reliable.

2 Likes

Thanks did see the “charger” they sell looks like just ac to DC so good to hear that’s included, weird I don’t see it listed in the included parts.

1 Like

Do this, you’re all set. Probably $10.

1 Like

I know that dude. I just can not do it on my download for some reason. It will not change. Maybe an earlier version or a bug in mine. Its very annoying and has stopped me using mr60 connectors which I love. I have since downloaded the newest version so we will see.

Didn’t like tech support then no? At least I left the japanese. Forgive me I am a child

What software are you using?

1 Like

Latest vesc tool now but up to now the previous versions. You know me Brian if its not broke don’t fix it.
I would write the true false and it would change but the motor direction wouldn’t and I put it down to being unsensored because it worked on my sensored set ups. Never bothered to ask because it seemed feasible. Now you are telling me I could have saved myself time by asking the question?

Theres a lesson here kids

That’s why I’m still using Ackmaniac 3.103.

2 Likes

On a side note, I can swap two phase wires on an MR60 in like 30 seconds with a soldering iron, and that’s including re-waterproofing it.

1 Like

anyone sell those?

1 Like

sigh

One day I’m going to make ten extra, so I can say yes to that.

I don’t have any extra right now. :expressionless:

Use the thread and make one. My goodness sir.
Everything else yes but loopkeys?

Does anyone sell those? is anathema to this forum

Shame on you

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: