Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

What are some great trucks too use with evolve hubs? (will be using 8” mbs wheels) I’m thinking of doing a deck swap on my commuter board & use the MBS trucks on a future mountain board build.

Sir I would love to have a couple beers with you

Those would be nice. Was thinking more like caliber style since I have mounts for those. Are the e-caliber roomy enough for the evolve hubs too fit with there pulleys? I also hear evolve tricks are not good for speed

I just sold mine but i can give you rough dimesions.
4cm x 8.5cm (maybe 9cm)

@b264

why only unsensored? can it not work sensored?

I only like DKP on the front. Not a fan of DKP on the rear trucks. So I guess I’m halfway between you and @Psychotiller LoLz

1 Like

Because they have 3 conductors instead of 9 conductors (3 large, 6 small)

You can still use them with a separate sensor cable :sunglasses:

1 Like

:+1:
char

Thanks a lot :blush:

1 Like

Evolve also has a newer and an older BMS version. I don’t know if they are different sizes.

@XTLA That was a bms for a Carbon GT btw not the new gtr’s

Yes carbon gt :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you use unsensored motors then you have to make sure you have your wires in the correct order first before soldering on a 3 pin connector because you can not change the rotation in the software. Unless theres a sneaky Brian method? Is there Brian? Is there?

1 Like

You can change rotation direction in the newest Vesc Tool, but better to do it right in the wiring.

1 Like

With unsensored motors? Don’t think you can. Unless they changed things without consulting me again. Bastards

with the unity you can just swap the the direction of a motor with a push of a button on the app without sensors.
A great april fool prank if you ask me

I have never been able to change the true false aspect of motor rotation on my set ups. BLDC and unsensored. I am and will admit to being one stubborn son of a bitch that will not change his ways.

How I roll.

2 Likes

I run uncensored everything. You can swap it, but it’s a sloppy practice.

2 Likes

You’re starting to worry me.

2 Likes

FOC?

Don’t worry. I often stop by Singapore on my way to Sydney. April is a long way away anyway.

On a serious note though, am i?

1 Like