Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You want something like fiberglass or Carbon fiber to strengthen the deck.

Me and @Sender use system three ailver tip epoxy.

1 Like

What happens if you have ESCs in series? Could you run 2 6s ESCs in series off a 12s battery?

I’d imagine the switching of the FETs would break continuity but the capacitors should even that out enough to be stable

I don’t see any real purpose for this, I was just curious

This won’t work at all for reasons that would take a long time to explain. Good idea, but it’s a nope.

4 Likes

lol fair enough, thanks!

1 Like

You would want things in parallel to split load really, but yah the ESCs wouldn’t be synchronized to open the gates (FETs) at the same exact time and at speed changing from one set of FETs open to another is a very small window of time (would need to use canbus or something to keep thottle signal the same for both and really be firing the gate opening synchronized).

Edit just reread and see you meant for higher voltage handling, basically components on ESC are rated for some max voltage you’d have to do some kind of voltage division and yah still keep power delivery synchronized doesn’t sound feasible to me easier to use components that can handle the voltage desired.

Are trampa full atb trucks reversible like the carver trucks?

want to use 110mm wheels but on the lower holy pro deck + underside enclosure, its getting awefully close to the ground

@Andy87 @rich @Trampa

You won’t strengthen your deck with epoxy. It is 2 to 3 times stiffer than maple and being on the outside it will pick up the bending load before your other plies. If it is thick enough to matter it will crack quickly.

3 Likes

Going through the VESC Tool (am I allowed to say that or is it a registered trademark?) I notice that the FOC motor wizard updates both VESCs but the input wizard only updates the one the receiver is attached to (fukin wizards). I assume I shouldn’t touch the APP PPM settings on the other VESC?

1 Like

You don’t have to, just do the mirror setup on both.

1 Like

As far as I know you can mount all hanger of there mini and regular series in reverse as well.

1 Like

Yes, reverse mount is possible.

1 Like

Signal input (e.g. ppm receiver) is usually attached to one VESC called master VESC. The second VESC is the slave and its automatically set to receive commands from the master via CAN bus.

1 Like

why do people hate enertion?

Edit1: Also how do you order Hummie decks?

Edit2: Whats the difference between “Durometers” (77a, 80a, 83a)

@SeanHacker
That’s your cue.

1 Like

From @hummieee when hes doing a group buy

2 Likes

Nobody hates enertion. They just have to fix a couple things starting with the head of the owner.
Hummie decks are sold in USA by @hummieee and EU by @BigBen

Duro of the wheels is very noticeable on rough surfaces. High duro is fine for asphalt but terrible on pavement.

1 Like

a7e

4 Likes

Yes really. As soon as Jason gets out of the nut house you will love them again.

3 Likes

Are they going to start using 4 longboard wheels again on their electric skateboards? Because that’s almost an absolute prerequisite.

1 Like