Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Let me see what i can find. Phone is at 2% lol

1 Like

ahh just sandwich with foam i see ok!

1 Like

With that MD 02311 stuff in there

3 Likes

When your molding that enclosure to the deck with a heat gun.
You can put something a few millimeters thick and solid between the deck and the enclosure to make a very slight indentation in the enclosure if you’re worried about pinching the wires too hard.
But if i remember right you’re using 3/4 gasket to add a bit of height to your enclosure so you really should be good.

2 Likes

beautiful, thank you @b264

1 Like

:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Those are Riptide tunnel risers, one of them I sawed with a hacksaw blade.

3 Likes

those are badass

2 Likes

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/73092/riptide-tunnel-risers

5 Likes

Hey guys I’m just wondering about my focbox settings and it’s regenerative braking. I know that to brake the motor it puts out some voltage and charges the battery but what happens if the battery is fully charged? Do I have to put a brake resistor on it?

If you’re using your BMS discharge then it will CAN cut off your brakes :exclamation: (some models of BMS) but if you are bypassing the BMS then it will just very slightly overcharge the battery.

@xatonic I started a thread for this specific topic

Are the king pin 3/8" nuts 16 or 24 TPI?

If anyone finds a link for those :arrow_up:, please share :slight_smile:

I’m not joking. I already put it in Amazon but I’m not the best when it comes to FUB stuff.

Does anyone have links (preferably eBay Aus) for epoxy I can use to strengthen my deck as well as go glass frit eventually

Hi, I need to reinstal the entire electronics of my commuter board to a dremeled Haya.
This involve disconnecting my HCX-D596 80A (charge & discharge) from my 10s5p battery, rearrange the P group in a new geometry, then reconnect the BMS to the battery.

HCX-D596

I’d like you guys to check the BMS disconnecting order reported below in order for me to avoid unwanted magic smoke:

1. Disconnect balance wires from BMS
  2. Disconnect BMS B- from battery -
  3. Disconnect BMS P- (power negative) from load -
  4. Disconnect BMS C- (Charge negative) from charger -

In order to reconnect the BMS to the battery on the Haya deck:

1. Connect battery + to Vesc + , loop to charger +
  2. Connect BMS C- to charger -
  3. Connect BMS P- to load -
  4. Connect BMS B- to battery -
  5. Connect balance wires

is it ok?
Thanks for your help

Disconnect from BMS should be…
0) unplug from charger and pull loop key / switches to off

1. load -
  2. balance
  3. battery -
  4. charge -
  5. all + in any order

Reconnect should be the reverse

1 Like

I think @Sender or @yelnats8j might

2 Likes

Every epoxy will strengthen your deck. eBay got lots of cheap offers.
Try out-Go

Epoxy itself doesn’t add much strength on its own - it’s usually used as a binder for some high-tensile fiber, such as carbon, glass or aramid. Any general purpose epoxy will work okay for that as long as it’s thin enough to wet out properly.

2 Likes