Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I used my ladys hair dryer and burnt it out and it took forever.
$15 heat gun at Harbor Freight is better than buying the girlfriend a new $50 hair dryer

5 Likes

just found a cheap one for $10 :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello! Can anyone tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong? Stripped grub screw head and having trouble drilling it outā€¦ should I forcenit more?

but not for your GF i guess hahahaha

looks like you have to drill it out with a steel drill :smirk:

1 Like

Does it have loctite on it? What kind?

Youā€™ll probably have to drill it out.

After that, you MAY need a pulley puller (donā€™t grab the flange) and/or a heat gun if thereā€™s red or green loctite

Doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s loctite, donā€™t know, got the motor off someone. It came stripped. If there is though, I did heat up the pulley with a heat gun.

Still trying to drill it out, motor shaft seems to be spinning slightly when the drill is on it. Havenā€™t broken through the pulley though.

I guess more force and effort!!

Try not to get any metal bits in the motor.

2 Likes

Thoughts on using the mini remoteā€™s throttle trim knob as cruise control/parking brake? You can still use brakes on ā€˜full power cruise controlā€™

Iā€™ve thought about it, but it seems very risky.

looking at grommets for sealing my motor wires: think these will work? TB vescs & 6355 190kv motors

2 Likes

I think with the enclosure youā€™re using and the minimal bottom of deck concave, you might be able to get away with sandwiching them between the deck and enclosure. Especially with some light heatgun work were the wires will be.
Just put a bit of that gasket material on the deck too were the wires needed to go.

2 Likes

East coast gets a bit soggy sometimes, would it help to put rice in my battery before shrink wrapping it? It has cell holders so thereā€™s void space

Just keep some of the moisture controlled

1 Like

true! But would it be as slick and weatherproofed? :thinking:

Adding holes never made something more waterproof :wink:

1 Like

You can also remove a weeeee bit of wood were the wires need to go. That landyachtz is fairly thick.

no rice

3 Likes

do you have a photo of what youā€™re thinking? I feel like sandwiching the wires would leave more potential for stuff to get into the enclosure no?

Also those grommets work for dust but water will get past them

MD building products 02311 is my go-to for enclosures

Itā€™s reallllllly squishy

2 Likes