Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I have not seen them in person. But I know my screws and those are #10. In itself, it’s already not very small so I’m comparing the overall size in the image to that screw. I dont doubt it could work but I wouldnt want to deal with screws that could pierce something in my case :slight_smile:

Where can I get a support bar that fits the 63mm inward motor mounts from torque boards? I cant see any premade holes for that. @torqueboards

Does anyone have Vesc tool 1.18?

You don’t need support bars unless you do heavy mtb-ing. @torqueboards makes quality products and support bars are only for cheaper (thinner or lesser grade aluminium) or mtb mounts (heavy vibrations and extrĂȘme use)
Not that @torqueboards products can’t handle extreme use :grin:

I just orderd two 6380 motors and the new torque all terrain wheels so thats why I want a support bar :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Loctite everything and nothing should budge. Quality products like those are designed not to move since your life depends on it. :v:

1 Like

Yes but your fuses are just an extreme backup plan. If they are blowing enough to need reset systems, something else is wrong.

I have had my stuff saved by them a couple times though. I gladly opened up the skate and replaced the fuse, knowing the whole time that it could be MUCH worse but it’s not. It’s much less annoying replacing the fuse when you KNOW that all the expensive shit is still fine. :smiley:

1 Like

Is liquid tape and mg chemical d419 basically the same thing? In terms of insulating i mean.

No, MG 419D is reworkable, you can solder through it if you need to, then reapply it. It’s specifically designed for this. The liquid tape stuff would need to be cleaned off with alcohol first if you ever needed to service something. And I don’t know about its long-term durability; never tested it.

3 Likes

I left my board on for a couple days (I got so sick I nearly died so I was worried about other things) and now my 10s battery is at 5.31V
:sweat_smile:

What do I do with it?

Edit: also, will that damage the ESC?

3 Likes

What remote should I get.

Any other suggestions? But I don’t want to spend over 100 on a remote.

For torqueboard’s DD 90kv, 12s4p battery and dual flipsky 6.6 vesc.

Vx2 if you want functionality, gt2b for reliability, maytech for all weather

I’ve been using the aps. I hate triggers like a disease
but it works flawlessly for me
Edit: if you go for it, be gentle with the on/off switch, i broke mine off from simply turning it on and off everyday.

Most of these evaluated here:

3 Likes

Try to charge it at an insanely low rate, like 0.05A or something until it goes past 30V

You would probably need to buy a power supply in order to do this.

It might be toast, though. Either way. If you try to charge it at 2A it will die

disconnect the ESC and everything else first, because the ESC will try to draw power, more than 50mA

1 Like

You should get the mini remote :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’ll want duals and you’ll make more than one build

Another vote for the Mini remote. Not cool or sexy in any way, but I have been surprised by how much I like it. Less than $20, too.

5 Likes

By the way, soon we will need a “Buy from EU” link for the Mini as UK will leave the Union, so vendors help me out here

I have a quad cell charger that does 1A, will that work?