Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

From reading through @JohnnyMeduse comments on other problems he helped with, I found it seems to be a cap for one of the mosfets

1 Like

Hmmm. So not entirely necessaryā€¦ But I would prefer it since I am running longer battery wires than normalā€¦

I think Iā€™m going to try and get another one regardless.

@deckoz youā€™ll know I see youā€™ve spoken about the c43 before. I donā€™t know much other than itā€™s a 10uF 50v

Can anyone recomend a decend set of Mountain board trucks, have never dealt with MBS components, but will be looking to do an MBS build soon. Just ordered a markone deck. Basicly Iā€™m looking for trucks that are compatible with more or less easily sourced components for them, like motor mounts and what not. Thanks.

1 Like

Matrix 2 are your best option from mbs. Several motor plates for belt drives available and @moon makes an awesome gear drive for them as well for about the same price as motor plates, wheel and motor pulleys, and belts. Plus, itā€™s an enclosed gear drive so no fear of rocks or leaves getting in. If you canā€™t tell, Iā€™m partial to them :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks bro! I think someone was trying to sell a set on the forum, going to see if itā€™s still available

Can you take picture of the other side? My guess is there will be a cap that is double.

1 Like

It is not a 10uF 50V those have not been use on any focbox, you need nothing less than 100V for safe use over 50V, those are 4.7uf 100V.

1 Like

Youā€™re rightā€¦I read too fast

I took a picture of both sides? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you still need another picture, let me know :+1:

is this cap double stack?

If not since the one on the bottom is missing a pad, you could always double stack it, but you need to use low profile cap.

Regards
JF

1 Like

Without a schematic itā€™s hard to tell itā€™s purpose. C43 appears to be in the power stage and is possibly a decoupling cap or a DC link cap. One of the pads is missing which isnā€™t right.

1 Like

Alright Iā€™m going to get a new one. The cap isnā€™t double stacked @JohnnyMeduse ā€¦

Really sad about this x_x

@b264 did you know these existed?

Resettable marine/automotive fuses :thinking:

3 Likes

MoBetta

https://www.kartek.com/parts/heavy-duty-push-to-reset-circuit-breakers-30-amp.html

Those are hugeā€¦ the one I pictured can fit in fuse holders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take a other picture in a different angle please.

1 Like

Huge, Not really, but yeah bigger than a fuse, and a more secure electrical connection, we use these all the time in odd-road competition vehiclesā€¦

But as you preferā€¦

Iā€™m having some trouble getting a vesc from diyelectricskateboards to be in foc mode. Everytime I try to measure RL, the vesc disconnects. Iā€™ve tried switching cables, usb ports, and moving the vesc away from the motor/computer but none of it seems to work.

I just realized but when I disconnect the sensor wires, I can measure it. Is this what should be done?

Now Iā€™m stuck at hall sensor detection because when I plug it in, it seems to disconnect the vesc :confused:

I appreciate the help but Iā€™ve already spoken to the seller and weā€™re working out something. Iā€™ll stop opening and closing it for now :slight_smile: