Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

4 Likes

Riddle me this:
Based on Samsung INR18650-30Q spec sheet
Standard charge CCCV, 1.50A, 4.20 ± 0.05 V, 150mA cut-off
Rated charge CCCV, 4A, 4.20 ± 0.05 V, 100mA cut-off
1C charge rate based on 3000mAh = 3A

So it looks like I could safely charge a 1P pack at 3A, a 2P at 6A etc… 5P at 15A at 1C charge rate
(based on my experience with parallel charging lipo packs)

I, however, see most charge with simple laptop bricks at 2~4A, could I throw a 9A charge current at a 3P pack, or is there something about LiOn batteries, or BMS architecture that precludes this?

that just made it worse :slight_smile:

I need a pic. assuming you are using speed rings on both sides of the wheel, a spacer in the middle between the bearings and the nut is tightened down I just don’t see any way the bearings could be loose. Maybe Im just missing something.

3 Likes

So the thing is that I have 2 bearing before the wheel that I am using as spacers (is that ok)

Then there is a speed ring

Then there isn’t the bearing

Then the bolt

@mmaner do you understand now

Just cause some people are actually useful and now what there doing

If you think your so clever then you tell me what the problem is

Also is there any disadvantage of putting loctite on the wheel

1 Like

Yeah i’ll stop, but once you put the bolt on the axle how does is just dissapear?

Honestly, not really. It should be fine using bearings as spacers, you could just use the inner race of the bearing, but whatever, no big. I don’t understand whats coming off? The bearings in the wheel are coming out of the bearing seat? There has to be something pushing against the bearing to hold it in place, but I can’t see whats missing form the pics.

2 Likes

i know that the bearing seat is very loose

Maybe the sound problem is from a different thing

I will upload a video of the sound as soon as I can

I there any disadvantage of using loctite though other then that it is hard to remove

1 Like

If the bearing seat is loose you may want to use loctite. I had a set of abec 97mm flywheels that got that way after awhile. I just replaced them, but whatever keeps the bearings in place. The problem with the bearing seat allowing the bearings to move out of position is that it will brake the bearings fast, lock you up fast.

2 Likes

K I will try using loctit then see how it goes

1 Like

This.
I ended up having to make my own enclosure to fit all the crap I wanted anyway. And I didn’t start any assembly before that was finished :+1:

3 Likes

The 30q cell can be charge at a max of 4amps. So a 5p pack can charge at 20amps not 30. Doing so would reduce the life of the battery if you charge it with that many amps all the time.

3 Likes

Yeah… I modified my post above, math is hard!

1 Like

I’m still really confused. What do you base your information from? Science or anecdotal references?

On the 30q spec sheet all of their tests were performed at 4A
They list 2 differing charge rates, 0.5C = 1.5A standard, and rapid charge rate at 4A That is for 1 cell, if you have 5P why couldn’t you multiply your respective batteries parallel groups by the amps chosen?

1.5A x 5P = 7.5A conservatively

Admittedly I’m coming at this from quads, and LiPos where the chemistry is different and we use parallel chargers and not BMS, but I’m struggling to find out why this isn’t appropriate, or why It won’t work.

Ya you do multiple your charge amps × p groups. So a max charge rate for a 30q 5p set up would be 4a x 5p= 20amps.

1 Like

Here is its spec sheet.

n

1 Like

Yes I am familiar, thanks, I’ve quoted the same!

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me what the function of c43 is on a vesc / focbox? Pic attached.

I traded my unity for two Focboxes, yet one is missing said c43… Piece…thing.

@JohnnyMeduse @shaman

Upon a better look, it looks like this was water damaged at some point. Should I try and conduct another swap? Another normal focbox for this one?

1 Like