Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

But I am only getting two 90kv motors.

1 Like

so with (2) 91kv motors you’ll want 75-80mm tires if you want to be blasting up 30-35% slopes as fast as possible, and you’ll need to be able to pull 120a total battery amps from your battery, which means about at least 65a motor / 60a battery per motor settings at 12S for the stated performance (32mph up 35% slope).

1 Like

Ill Shoot you a video of how it climbs up twin peaks in SF

2 Likes

@Alvin there is the theoretical aspect and real world. Expect if you are blasting full speed up hills that your electronics will last less (i am thinking about the ESC).
If you want something that is a true daredevil board then you need daredevil priced components. You need to find a price/needs balance

@Tello1969 I can’t wait :grin::+1:

1 Like

Notice the steps on the hill :slight_smile:

These hills you wouldn’t even walk up so you wouldn’t typically even take your skateboard up it. At least for me.

2 Likes

if you want to climb these hills at max theoretical speed and use bigger tires than 75mm with only 2 motors then you need even lower kv than 91kv for direct drive.

@Alvin @torqueboards for reference:

1 Like

I know I am asking a lot of questions but it’s only because I don’t want to buy the wrong parts or leave something out. So just because of that here is another question😀

Is this a complete board now besides protective gear and lights?

• Deck: landyachtz 9 two 5
• Remote: flipsky vx1
• Vesc: flipsky 6.6
• Motor, trucks, wheels: TB 90kv direct drive
• Battery: TB 12s4p
• Bullet extension wire (2x): TB
• Sensor wires (2x): TB
• xt90 connectors: Hobbyking

2 Likes

Works with 4.12, but you need to check the connector on the comm port. GND to GND, VCC to VCC, RX to TX, TX to RX.
Pairing: Switch off Wand, activate pairing countdown, switch on Wand.

Benjamin Vedder has a YouTube tutorial online.
VESC-Tool 1.19 has a little glitch on the reverse and will get a FW update tonight or tomorrow. VESC-Tool 1.18 works.

2 Likes

Hi probably stupid question but should I Be putting loctite on the bearings in my wheels seeing as they keep coming undone when I ride

Yep!:hugs:
Are you getting 2 single 6.6 vesc or one dual?

One dual.

1 Like

If you added a NRF module to the UART port you should be good. I wasn’t clear if you were asking if the TB VESC had an NRF module on it or if you added one.

Doe anyone know if I should loctite the bearings or not

Explain this…

Your bearings are coming undone? I’m very confused.

4 Likes

They keep falling out of the socket since the wheel vibrates when I ride

1 Like

I need a pic, I just don’t see how this could happen if the axle nit it tight. To answer your question, loctite is NOT necessary on bearings in the wheel bushing seat. Some people do use loctite, but it’s not necessary.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Well I always hear a wierd noise around a couple minutes into the ride and when I take off the lower bearing is never there still

So I thought maybe it is that