Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I have a question about old MBS mountain boards.

Have you ever done a build with a Atom 95/similar board? I have a more obscure Jeep renegade MBS board with Ambush trucks

I measured the trucks and they were about .5" round. I’m pretty sure a clamping mount for Paris trucks could fit but do you know anywhere I could look?

I have seen one Atom 95 build on the other forum, they used a DIY mount.

Bonus test pulley I printed for the TRI-Spoke wheels

1 Like

Sorry I don’t have any mbs decks yet.

1 Like

Those mounts are pretty common. If you have access to a 3d printer, look on thingverse or ask in one of the 3d printer threads for a file you can print and check fitment with.

1 Like

Im drunk as shit right now, but I’d be happy to find it for you after I wake up if you send me a PM if you don’t find anything before then.

2 Likes

Haha no rush this board is sitting on my friends porch for the last year. It probably needs new wheels or tires at least.

Finding a pulley that’s compatible with the tri spoke hub would be really clutch actually. 3D printed ones just aren’t good. I forgot to measure what the bolt circle is, I’ll get that.

I have absolutely no faith in my ability to take motors apart in a fashion where I can assemble them afterwards, so what are some good ways to clean them while still assembled?

I figure compressed air, but what else… Isopropyl to remove surface grime? 🤷

If anyone in NY would be willing to lend their services I would gladly get these motors touched up

What motors are those? Like brand/distributor/model

1 Like

what is “NO CLEAN” flux? does that mean i don’t have to clean off the residue…

I’d use alcohol to clean off ANY flux, regardless if it says no clean or not. flux attracts dirt and grime.

2 Likes

those were my thoughts as well…i always use 99% Alcohol to clean up flux. had to ask though… thx

1 Like

Where do you get 99%? I only find 91% (or 70%) isopropanol around here.

1 Like

Looks like boosted v1’s

2 Likes

it says 99.9 i don’t know how to even test if it’s true but this stuff cleans electronics well.

1 Like

Boosted v1 dual + motors

I’m aiming for a boosted with more range and less sag (than my other board)

1 Like

Your best bet is to hit up @Idea here or the other place (he seems more active there). He makes some mounts for the older mbs trucks. Not sure about the ambush trucks though.

1 Like

Costco is the best place for 99% ISO I can get like 2L for 7 CAD

4 Likes

How do people mount the battery to the enclouser?

Do they use silicone, Velcro, just let it sit?

Ive seen @deckoz do it with his evo.

Fixed it, Even I had no clue wtf I was saying :joy::joy::joy:

I use the tough industrial velcro & foam to fill give it a nice cushion & fill in the empty space

1 Like

Some people mount the battery et cetera to the deck, but I am among those that put the stuff in the enclosure.

Camp 1:
mount stuff to deck, enclosure is only a dust cover and supports no weight

Camp 2:
mount enclosure to deck and fill it up with stuff

2 Likes