Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I want to know why they cost so much for 4 tires. I can buy 8 clever tires for the same price.

1 Like

e0f3b9258b70321cba7ba877dfb0c770

I wondered the same but in their defense…the evolve tires last the longest.

1 Like

Brah that’s just ridiculous though lol. I know a lot of people who have put shit tons of miles on the clever tires np.

2 Likes

I have a set on my DIY…waiting on battery. Maybe I’ll have a new favorite…Yeah I can get a 6x2 with tube for 10 bucks usd

2 Likes

Yeah, so you see how that is insane right? Idk wtf Evolve is smoking to get prices like that.

1 Like

They smoking the good stuff😁…I should be asking if the 6x2 will fit evolve hubs…they should the 6 inch evolve will fit

I plan to use the haggy tires until they pop and replace them with the clever 6x2’s. I will say those evolve tires do look nifty but not worth that price at all.

1 Like

“as far as I can see” won’t cut it. A fraction of a degree is all it takes to throw off belt tracking. You either need to check with a machinist’s square, or just tweak/shim things until everything lines up perfectly.

@Myke That’s on wet surfaces. On dry surfaces they have more grip.

1 Like

That’s fine I don’t plan to ride when its wet so I will be getting a set soon enough.

Yup, good clarification.

Maybe the battery gauge is set to 6S instead of 10S?

1 Like

I actually ran into a certain Jason on a group ride and asked him about it and that’s what he suggested as well. When I open it up to put a Metr in there I will investigate further. Cheers :+1:

3 Likes

@xsynatic make sure each mount sit the same far away from the outer corner of your hanger.
i would say if you move both mounts 1-1.5mm to the left they have both the same distance.
if you have motor mounts with a press fit clam, than just ignor this…

I use the Motor Mounts from IDEA

I use the matrix 2 trucks. On the truck itself is a screw on each side which holds the axle in place. The Motor mount is perfectly aligned with that screw on both sides.

1 Like

here you go. the trucks are totally not equal in any means.
the production tolerance is probably the reason for your problem.
might be one shaft is a bit longer or the brake mount hole is not in the right place etc.

Have this from an old Chinese board. Does it serve a future purpose or garbage worthy?

If the teeth are 5mm apart (center-to-center) it’s probably useful paired with 97mm ABEC11 china clones.

If the teeth are 3mm apart (center-to-center), immediately dispose of that trash after taking the bearings out.

1 Like

Looks like a 40T 5m pulley, you can repurpose it for some ABEC wheels :slight_smile:

1 Like