Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

nah, the output itself is 40.6v

Start shopping for a new charger.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m finally finishing my build, but by clearance from the ground to my DD motors is too small with about one centimeter (see below). The current wheels are some ABEC 97mm’s. I’d like to go bigger to increase the clearance. I think I need at least 110mm to make it sufficient. I was thinking about the foamies or the Rough Stuff or maybe the ABEC11 107mm (which is a bit on the edge). What do you guys think? Maybe something else?

1 Like

@Mikenopolis you are being summoned on the dark side (builders if that was too subtle)

1 Like

Thanks. No idea about M1’s esc and receiver

1 Like

Having a bit of trouble with the Hoyt remote. I have it setup with almost all my boards now for the convenience of a single remote.

I was trying to switch out my 4wd today and I’m having strange issues. The original remote was a nano and I just used 4way split ppm and everything worked great.

Today I tried to canbus the two neighbor focboxs in each side and do one split ppm to the remote. It’s acting all kinds of crazy in setup. I can get the wheel setting applied and detected. Then I’ll set the pulsewidth values as normal and hit write config. Then if I try to push throttle the motor that was set up won’t move. The pulsewidth display shows it gontonthe maximum value, but it stays out at 50%. In addition another wheel that was just one the split ppm line would work until I updated the pulsewidth settings and now it does the same thing.

In other words throttling shows the increased pulsewidth but stays at 50% on the display and won’t move motors.

Haven’t havens any issues with setting up the Hoyt on unities

Check your trims? Perhaps you’re not on the highest mode?

If you don’t ride in rain too often then the TB110 are the wheel you’re looking for.

1 Like

I don’t know shit about the trim feature but I tried it both ways up/down and it didn’t help.

Before I changed my app settings in each of the 4 focboxes and had just done a normal motors plugged in through a 4-way ppm split to the nano, noncan bus. The strange thing is, first thing I didn’t was just switch the receiver and a few wheels worked without even changing vesc settings.

Changed the first focbox in line as a normal direct to receiver (others were still on the splitnbutnhad and settings) it seemed to be working up until I hit wrote pulsewidth values. Then when I would re-enable the motors to spin and test the remote, the focbox I just set up but won’t spin wheels. When I full throttle the display of pulsewidth percent shoes it rise to the highest value I allowed, but the %bar stays at 50% and the wheels don’t move. I’ve tried avoiding split ppm and different setups with the same result. I know the recover adapters on the foc box work, because other Meuse the display wouldn’t show the pulsewidth travel to the high value unrer the display pulsewidth spot. So it’s getting signal, it’s jut no longer wanting to work or sees the max and min pulsewidth stuck at 50% somehow.

Btw when I would test a wheel like this out of the other 3, if a other foc box that I had yet to have altered settings from, and the remote was plugged into the ppm line, the motor would work. Under up with any new setting. As soon as I’d update the setting for what I need, it goes back to the same issue.
Maybe an Enertion questions @carlcollins066

@Resonant Have you tried letting your BMS do it’s job and balance? Just leave it plugged in for a few hours and see if things are getting any closer.

Or you can apply a load manually to that cell group.

@xsynatic 40.6 is not going to hurt anything, you’ll just lose a few % of energy due to the lower voltage. I actually like to set my chargers a little below 4.2v/cell for longevity reasons - the cells last longer if you don’t go to 100% all the time. If it’s not adjustable then you’ll have to get a different charger, but I’d just roll with it unless you can’t stand only reaching ~95% SOC.

1 Like

Damn man how are you alive at that weight? Are you really really short? Lol

Edit: I saw my answer to this a few posts later.

Are the Tb110 bad in the rain or something? I’m looking at getting a pair soon.

Well, the TB’s have a kegel core, which I don’t have. I’d really prefer something with a ABEC core

So bad in the rain lol

TB 110 is the way to go. Work awesome with my DDs.

1 Like

Why does one of my motor pulleys have to Stick a good bit further out to align the belt in the middle compared to the other side which almost touches the Motor mount. Mounts,Motors, pulleys, belts are all the same.

They have maybe 5-10% less grip than ABEC 107s on wet and slick surfaces, but recover nicely.

2 Likes

Maybe a tiny bend in the motor plate? I have one that aligns a tiny bit off just to keep the belt centered perfectly. Only bothers my OCD, not my ride.

1 Like

So far everything is straight as far as i can see. It doesn’t affect my ride but like you my ocd kicks ins because there has to be a reason for it.

As for the Belt whine i posted some time ago, i swapped a belt where it came from and rode for 200m without sound, after that it came back. ¯\(ツ)/¯ Bothers the f out of me.

2 Likes

anybody know if the 6 inch evolve tires will fit the six shooters