Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Well @wafflejock since we have breached the subject, i wil ask my 100th question lol.
How do you adjust low-end throttle on the Unity?

Throttle curve testing around and increasing positive ramping time. Not sure if I sent you my remote curve I like but here it is again!

1 Like

yes you have haha. i will send mine when i am back home.

Haha I thought that was you. oops. Try moving the right slider down (negative numbers are ok)

1 Like

@b264 does a normal 7.5 car fuse work?
Is higher better? i also have 10 and 20

Oooh I asked him this exact question a long time ago!

Car fuses are meant for 12v applications but will work fine. Almost all fuses in the 42-60v range are huge and not useful to our sleek builds. Check out the littel fuses from mouser

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/0997075WXN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsh2y49K8ANrYB63nQN2nH5fZoE10trnl8%3D

2 Likes

What are the implications of a hall sensor failure at high speed? Do you get thrown of a board?
I thought sensors are completely ignored after you start rolling.

@Venom121212 the link you gave me is for a 58V 7.5A Automotive fuse. Which one should i buy?

#brotherfromanothermother lol

1 Like

Is there a proper way to clean off the contacts of the battery and vesc? After multiple sparking starts, there’s a layer of what looks like soot. I’m also noticing higher temps for the wires unless I do a quick mechanical wipe of the contacts.

Hybrid does what you’re saying sensored at low speed and un-sensored above some threshold

1 Like

It depends on the ESC and how it’s configured, but generally a sensor failure won’t be an issue until you stop, then it won’t go again.

1 Like

Send me a pic of the fuse you have on hand

All but one of my P groups on my battery are 4.06v-4.07v, the P group is around 4.13v-4.14v. How to safely discharge this one group down to the 4.06v-4.07v level?

@Venom121212

People use automotive fuses and seem to not have any issue, I think you’re safe.

2 Likes

Not sure if i asked that already…

My old 36/42v 2A charger only charges my batteries to 40.6v. I assume something is broken? I think its Glued shut so i can’t open it and look for a potentiometer.

@xsynatic What is the measured voltage you get in the charger?

Ah fuck. I just finished changing my motor wire cconnectors, i plug every thing in and now my Unity won’t turn on… I am soo pissed of now… My battery reads 35.4V through the xt60 connector. wtf happend it has not been doing anything?

you mean what the charger outputs? If yes, then it outputs 40.6v instead of 42 like it used to.

Yes. If your charger reads 42v with the multimeter, then you probably simply have unbalanced pgroups

1 Like