Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

That’s a good idea. I was thinking about the metal tape they use on air ducts. I tube would definitely protect well

Metal tape seems dangerous imo. Get a bad rock that manages to pierce and you just created yourself a nice taser :joy:

2 Likes

@b264 This will do? I just find the prongs weird. Where do the black and red wires solder to (which prong)?

Yes, that’s exactly what I use. The red goes to the center pin and the black goes to the side pin.

1 Like

2 of these in parallel should be enough for spot welding? I’m kinda struggling a bit to get good welds.

Anyone know what the hell is rattling inside my street Carver hangar??? I dissembled my truck yesterday to reinstall my light. If I were tilting it left or right, i could hear 2 things moving and knocking against the axles.

Could it be a bad bearing? Or maybe the screws on your wheel/pulley are loose?

Is this on a truck with motors or no?

Can anyone tell me the gear system or motor mount where the motor shaft is perpendicular to the truck hangars? I think sofu recently posted a picture of one.

Front truck and its inside the hangar. No wheels, springs, base plate or screws. Removed it all and noticed the sounds

Spiral bevel gears gearbox

3 Likes

remove the little screw under the hanger and take out the axle. see whats inside

@mutantbass I fear that in doing that, I’ll never get it to stay in as good as factory made it

It will be fine. I have done it before. Make sure to apply loctite when you screw it back in.

ahhh i need help.
I have spent hours and hours looking at decks a truck combos for an emtb and i have come up with no solution. I want to spend no more than 1500 euros with these parts specs;

10s5p (on top of deck)
TB 6380 motors
Unity
50km/h
50km+ range
option for street wheels

I don’t want trampa because then i need trampa trucks and motor mounts that are way too expensive. I really don’t know what deck to use.

You can’t get a cheaper deck than this one.

2 Likes

but with emtb don’t you need special trucks because the nose and tail have an angle?

Only look at My Build 2
the others were tests

What are you trying to build?

1 Like

These are MTBs.

1 Like

@moon something between a mtb and an AT board. Not to heavy, good range, good speed, something I can put bindings on, a little flexy but does not affect speed, can do jumps and tricks but nothing to extreme, good torque (i live in the french alpes).

1 Like