Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Guess you’ll have to go for an stm32 reflasher.
This is a great one
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/nucleo-f070rb/stmicroelectronics

Okay and I follow the process in this thread? https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-boot-loader-installation-tutorial/32103?source_topic_id=52813

2 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile: and if you’re having difficulties, ask blasto for help. he might work for em but hes still great at what he does

I have a noob question (again)
I have an APS remote. Remote has access to ch1 and ch2. Why does the receiver have a ch3?

Probably to use with the pairing loop

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the knowledge mate :+1:

1 Like

Generic 2.4ghz remotes/receivers are descended from RC Cars, which generally have three channels: Gas/brakes, steering, and an aux channel for engine-off, lights, whatever.

There might be pads or a socket on the board for another pot or button that controls ch3.

Interesting. That makes me want to crack it open to see if I could solder a “horn” button

1 Like

Guess not :frowning:

1 Like

The fuse was broken, lol

2 Likes

First thing to check when the electrons don’t go where they should.

1 Like

Im in the workings of building my own 12s8p 18650 pack, plan is to have each p group seperated and then connect them in series afterwards with xt60 connectors for easy access and such
This is for a trampa elecectric mountainboard with the 6376 160 kv motors and vesc6
I bought a spot welder and pure nickel strips(i tested them) that are 8x1.5mm
my question is, when im building the p packs, should i double the nickel strips for better load handling or is a single layer of the strips enough ?

That sounds like it’s going to take up a LOT of room and the possibility for catastrophic mistakes if you aren’t careful. But mainly the amount of space it will use. That’s at least 25 XT60 connectors, and those are only rated 60A continuous – if you moved up to XT90 connectors it would probably be a cubic meter of just connectors. (I exaggerate slightly)

1 Like

Yes but of you use both pins of the xt60 for only the positive output for example the load will be shared over both pins of the xt60.
I mean using the male xt60 for the positive wires, the female for the negative wires.

1 Like

I need a new evolve female DC port because one of the prongs is wobbly so it won’t charge. I found no good answer on either forums so what do you guys suggest. It is an evolve battery so 10s lipo 42V and i have the normal 2amp charger.

elaboration
each p pack will be built separately with an xt60 male connected to + and -
i will then build a connector out of xt60 females that connects all the p packs in series with an xt90 to the board something like this

ive measured it out and it should fit fine, bms will go in a seperate box on top of the monsterbox

if you find this to be dangerous or stupid id like to know why because i think its genious but i have no idea what im doing

but to the question: do i need to double the nickel strips or is a single layer of 8x0.15mm enough for samsung 30q 1s8p?

1 Like

It’s a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel jack. Not to be confused with 5.5 x 2.5 which is not compatible.

1 Like

I just mounted my new batteries center mount because the weight in the rear caused speed wobbles. I’m really not liking the cable from my batteries to my Vesc. While I have the line for my light and my horn mounted underneath and secured with gorilla tape I’m worried about doing that with the power lines. Road grime took out my led strips in three months and that’s not cool w my power. Is there anything I can shield it with to protect it better from dirt and gravel if I bottom mount it?

1 Like

12mm belts on 15mm motor pulleys… issues with this?

I triple sleeved mine. Maybe go with a hose? Like the transparent ones for water. They come in a shit ton of variants. My favorite is these. Sturdy as fuck but still flexible if you dont go too big

1 Like