Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yeah I’m thinking just a bigger belt, especially because I’ve plenty of room to move the motors back on the mounts

1 Like

Well that sucks, just had to cut the belt off because I broke my pulley trying to get it off, goddamnit.

That pulley will work like that, most likely. Just bend it back ONCE, doesn’t have to be perfect.

Get a longer belt, maybe a 275-5M-15

4 Likes

Yeah no that little plate broke off when I started bending it back, will it work without the plate? Or is there a substance I can use to glue it back after it’s straightened again (JB weld)?

Yes, it will work without it.

JB Weld is not glue, it’s epoxy. The difference between glue and epoxy is huge. Glue is shit. Epoxy can be very good in certain circumstances. Glue will almost always fail.

1 Like

*do you suggest any non-glue perhaps epoxy substance/think I should give it a try?

If the missing flange is on the outside, I’d leave it alone. You need one flange on each side. The wheel pulley probably has a flange on the outside (verify this) and the flange left on the motor pulley is on the inside (verify this), so you should be fine.

Yeah that’s right, inside flange is fine - thanks @b264

1 Like

I think you are probably better off that it came off rather than giving Murphy the opportunity to plant it or the half of it that bent in your belt or wheel pulley. That is like giving Murphy 4 shots…

1 Like

This was happening because the motor connectors were in contact

2 Likes

Preface: Likely the first of quite a few noob questions. I’m building a vanguard on 10s5p with 6354s and have close to no idea what I’m doing. Really appreciating the forum though.

Question: I have bought a 42” Loaded Vanguard. It has come with standard 184mm Caliber Trucks. They seem narrow. Would there be issues with opting for TB218s? Anyone run this setup before?

Cheers. Xoxo

You’ll get choppy noises, if two phases go together and smooth brakes, when all phases are together.

1 Like

My cheap 42v 2a charger is blinking red and green, it has only shown a constant state before, is it broken? Unity is flickering from 95% to 98% charge

Those chargers are a piece of shit.

It’s almost certainly shit the bed. I think I have a pile of broken ones here somewhere if you need any parts.

If you want a good one that won’t fail, check out this one.

3 Likes

This is the best charger I’ve ever owned, I’ve had it for 2 years and use it on a daily basis.

If it show out of stock, give it 2 days, they have them it’s just not listed yet. I know because I called them yesterday about this specific charger for my brother.

8 Likes

Well… Uh I guess this could be why I lost power to my motors yesterday on my sunset Cruise 2 miles from home… Any idea why the connectors would melt when they came with the kit?

I’m guessing this isn’t too healthy either ?

Of all the 10s 2a chargers for less than $50, what’s best? BKB has one for $30 and Luna has them for $36

They are essentially the same product, buy from the guy that builds and sells to our community.

7 Likes

Wow, a charger that can charge to 80 or 90% to preserve cell life? That’s awesome! :smiley:

1 Like