Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yup all cells have internal resistance (IR) which determines how much the cell voltage will dip under load and how long it can have sustained high current draw without draining out quickly. Look up lipo or liion discharge charts on Google images and can see charts that show same battery with different discharge rates or different cells against each other at the same discharge rate. The cells in a given battery are typically matched based on their IR and then the company labels any batteries in a certain range of IR into a C-rating to “simplify” and maybe fudge the reality a bit.

2 Likes

@b264 Okey, but if the manufacturerExaggerationFactor is more than 5, then my math will end up at 25 ampere or lower, what would be really weak,when starting math from 5000Ah and 20c rating or am i wrong?

1 Like

5000Ah? That would end heavy😁

2 Likes

hahahah mAh for sure…i will not edit my little mistake, bc your good eagle eye post would be weird :rofl::rofl::rofl:
But 5000 Ah for a real rocket :rofl::rofl::rofl: i like it fast :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

One thing to note you don’t 2x your amperage if the cells are all in series or two 5Ah batteries are in series then you just add voltage which is great because it means you need less amps to deliver the same watts but just something to note you only add the capacities and max discharge of cells put in parallel with each other not in series (in series you just add voltage and ideally want all cells to have the same capacity (mAh | Ah).

Regarding if this will be “weak” if we assume 25A is the number then at 50V it’s 25A * 50V = 1250W it’s not the 4000W you might see on some boards but it’s all sort of relative and depends on who you are and what you need/want it for some data:

^^ Can see when amps (red lines) are going up voltage (blue lines) dip down (I’m on 10S [36-42V] 5Ah or 185Wh battery for reference and light guy on mostly flat land)

2 Likes

oh yes, thanks for telling me. I will screenshot your post, to keep it and not to forget again, bc my friend tried to teach me that yesterday, but we had so much to talk about, so i somehow forgot this very important and basically not so difficult information.
Thank you.

1 Like

so my math with 2x 5Ah was bullshit. It is still 100 Ampere then.

No, it was right if you wired them in parallel. If you wire them in series then it’s not.

2 Likes

hahaha me idiot,ok, but it was meant in series, I’m not confused anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I would say so it was serial bullshit, but not parallel bullshit :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t know, if that is funny, but that was a bullshit series in it’s own way.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Don’t know if its funny, too, but isn’t that what this thread is about?
To ask noob questions?

1 Like

Any idea how I can fit this belt on here?? All TB parts: V5 mount, kegal 36T 15mm pulleys & belts, 265mm belt. I thought these parts/belts all worked together but not sure I’m incompetent or belt is just too small =/

Put belt om motor pulley first. Then put wheel pulley on as you install wheel.
Make sure motors are as close to hanger as possible @whaddys

Might help to loosen idler too

2 Likes

@Skunk Oof IDK man this sucker don’t wanna go!

1 Like

Mounts as close as it can go

Turn the wheel so the teeth that are on pull the ones that are not. Top towards your palm in the pic.

1 Like

well I forced it on but heard some serious crunching and the bearing popped out the other oend of the wheel…Seems way too tight…

What size belts you got?

@Skunk 265 15mm

Let me check to see if i have 270 or 275. 280-290 would probably even work since it has an idler

1 Like