Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Belts definitely have a whinier pitch then gears or direct imo. It could be your idler rattling a bit. Do your belts stay centered when hand rotating the wheels forward and backwards or do they want to walk off the pulley a bit?

Nope, not for me. I did grab them second hand though. I wouldnā€™t have connected in the wrong polarity.

Would I measure by tapping the prongs to the positive and negative awg wire going to the vesc pcb?

The whine itself is pretty new. The right belt stays in the same position, but the left one wanders when turning backwards (donā€™t drive backwards)

1 Like

Iā€™d tighten all the bolts and not worry about it unless you feel performance problems.

1 Like

No problems at all so far. It just annoys the hell out of me because i know that the sound wasnā€™t there before.

Well the only other things were these 2

Hmm yeah worth a shot swapping them out. I can hear it much better in the first video.

2 Likes

You can calculate the motor current in BLDC mode via:

(V_voltage_pulse_width_modulated - V_back_emf_voltage) / R_resistance_winding_ohms = I_motor current

Through a quirk of physics:

V_back_emf_voltage / V_voltage_pulse_width_modulated = E_electrical_to_mechanical_conversion_efficiency_instantaneous_%

3 Likes

Anyone know how proportionate is the lifespan of a battery pack against different charge currents?
I have a 12s6p 30q. Was charging with a 4a charger.
Now Iā€™m using an 8a one. Iā€™d like to basically know how many cycles I can go before seeing a change

Itā€™s on the 30q spec sheet expect slightly worse results for anything greater and slightly better

for anything less

Thatā€™s a discharge cycle spreadsheetā€¦
Doesnā€™t help me much with calculating differences in cycle count when theres a change in charging currents for the same specā€™ed pack

4A charge on there as well is what theyā€™re tested at

Iā€™m trying to say itā€™ll maybe extend the life a bit charging lower but 4A per cell is what theyā€™re tested at so, your fine might squeeze a tiny bit by always charging lower buts itā€™s negligible imo

1 Like

On my phoneā€¦was too small for me to seeā€¦:innocent:
Is doubling that charge equal to half the cycles? Or is there more to it?

More too it haha itā€™s a 22A 70 degree cut off vs 15A discharge.

But 4Amps is within spec for a single 18650 so a 6 p pack is good for 24 the difference between 4 and 8 is minimal.

Doesnā€™t feel minimal with the speed at which I just saw my pack charge to full :joy:

Haha fast charge for 30Qā€™s is under an hour which means any 30Q pack can be charged in under and hour lol but yeah 4amps is like minimum for a 4p pack for faster charging 1-1.5 Amps per cell in p group is what I aim for

2 Likes

So I guess Iā€™m fussing about nothing then. No way in hell Iā€™d have the budget for an 18+amp charger :joy:
Iā€™d rather put that into a new pack

Edit: just found out monster chargers exist :joy:

2 Likes

Do we have someone from https://diyelectricskateboard.com/ here? I need to know if they repair shorted TB ESCs and how long it takes

@farnam
Why not just talk to @torqueboards?

1 Like

You mean swapping the bearings or the belts? ^^

Bearings. But while youā€™re there check your belts out for any rocks stuck in the teeth or signs of damage.

1 Like