Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@c4Lvin I use mostly the MG Chemicals Acrylic conformal coating in the 55ml brush-on bottle for waterproofing. However, a couple things, motor phase wires and loopkeys, I use the MG Chemicals Urethane conformal coating in the 55ml brush-on bottle.

Try to get the brush-cap if possible and not the childproof cap + brushes.

3 Likes

Beautiful build. Do you have a build thread?

3 Likes

Thanks man. I do, its here

It was my first build and still going strong!

Also plenty of videos with it on my youtube chan here

3 Likes

thank you @Skunk for helping me. Yeah I will take the motor apart and see those “extra” coppers are hitting one another and keep you updated. I will order a bottle of those in the mean time! Thanks again guys!

2 Likes

sure thing dude. Hope this fixes things for you.

1 Like

HAHahahah I loove ElectroBoom that guy is hilarious :rofl:

Actually embedded vid was Great Scott (forget his real name) but Medhi on Electroboom is fantastic for electrical engineering noobs/amateurs like myself, been learning a lot more about programming PID loops etc. from Electronoobs channel too, awesome there are so many engineering focused channels.

1 Like

GreatScott is awesome, MacroReps, EngineeringExplained, lots of great stuff

PostApocalypticInventor, etc etc

Got a vesc question

If i limit my top speed by using erpm limits, I am getting a stutter on the bench/no load when i hit that speed. I assume that when I am riding it weighted, the stutter/jitter wont be there?

What firmware+version are you using? Ackmaniac 3.103?

I am back! so I am putting together my evolve CGT with Focbox. I have the stock evolve battery still and my new BMS has 10 pins instead of evolve’s fucking 11. Is there an adapter I could use? do I need to change the plug on the battery? how do I do that? I don’t want to remove all the shrink wrap without knowing what to do after.
Pics of the bms and the cable it came with and evolve connector.
Uploading: 20190822_214152.jpg…

Uploading: 20190822_214241.jpg… Uploading: 20190822_214304.jpg… Uploading: 20190822_214324.jpg…

Do you have high-res photos of the new BMS, not from the edge but from front and back?

Also the same photos of the Evolve BMS

1 Like

In general the balance plugs have cell count+1 GND pin so for a 10S battery you should have 11 pin plug is the original battery 9S? Check the main battery lead voltage or specs.

Not all of them have a pin for ground, most of the ones I have installed forego that and just use the main battery ground since they are the same thing.

I just soldered one last night that had the ground pin and it was very confusing at first since I had not had one with a ground pin until then

Maybe his just doesn’t have a ground pin this time

2 Likes

I agree with @ShutterShock some BMS have B1 through B10 (10 wires) and some have B0 through B10 (11 wires) where B0 == B- and B10 == B+

2 Likes

Ah okay I’m mostly used to seeing them on lipos where it’s used with a balance charger thanks for the clarification :+1:.

In that case would check with a multimeter just put in DC voltage checking mode and drop black lead into the battery main negative then probe the spots on the balance cable with the red probe if one side is measuring 0 then that is GND each one going up after that should be one cell voltage higher.

What’s the most non intrusive way to get pebbles out of a motor? Got some small rocks in my new maytecgs and would like to avoid opening them up

:musical_note::notes::musical_note:Shake shake shake :musical_note::notes::musical_note:
:notes::musical_note::notes:Shake shake shake :notes::musical_note::notes:
:musical_note::notes::musical_note:Shake your motors :musical_note::notes::musical_note:

6 Likes

Spin Spin
Shake Shake
(compressed air) Blow Spin Shake

Rinse and Repeat

1 Like

Has anyone seen the new Loaded board? Is it me or is that too notch eskate material? Also basically a tayto