Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

building a high volt charger to give my board another 10% battery while im on a long car ride guess i need more cells @ShutterShock

Thatā€™s going to melt down if you donā€™t know exactly what youā€™re doing.

2 Likes

yeah i know im gonna test it with something of little value

Testing something like that without knowing what youā€™re doing will just ruin stuff. Also it will do vastly different things according to the exact charge levels in each side, so ā€œtestingā€ it is only testing one scenario and will likely not be what happens next time.

You need to understand whatā€™s happening.

2 Likes

Buy an inverter and plug your charger? Saferā€¦cheaperā€¦easierā€¦did I say safer?

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:
:point_right::dash::exploding_head:
Dont think that money will serve you if yā€™all dieā€¦
And from my fatherly point of view, Iā€™d beat the crap out of you for saying something like thisā€¦

2 Likes

Oh my god did you really just say that wtf :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If I had kids, same. Battery safety is no joke :sweat_smile:

Besides if your car blew up and it was your fault, insurance rates would absolutely go through the roof

This makes no sense. How do you plan on accomplishing this? What do you mean? 10% battery??

Planning on putting 19s in your board? Planning on using a buck converter (inefficient btw so you would lose the 10% probably) to power it? Making a booster pack that is somehow disconnected from the esc but also connected to the battery? I donā€™t get it lol

3 Likes

To efficiently transfer energy you want the voltage to be roughly the same really. In the end any components like a buck converter used to drop the voltage will have losses in them as well and any higher current flow (from a large voltage difference) will result in more loss as heat.

^^ can also see here weā€™re already right at the threshold of where DC electricity can be painful and in general the batteries are high amp discharge with nothing limiting that current flow except the rate the lithium ions can traverse the electrolyte.

Agree on get an inverter for the car can use the DC in car to get AC out then can use regular charger in the car instead of lighting yourself on fire or electrocuting yourself.

^^ says does 300W should be plenty (disclaimer your car is 12V not sure how many amps but if itā€™s not around 30 then canā€™t actually get 300W from this, also I donā€™t own one, but Iā€™ve had similar inverters in the past for charging laptop etc.)

1 Like

I sent an email last thursday, no response yet. :frowning:

Iā€™m using the ESK8 calculator on this site and want to know how to figure out the Avg. Energy use (Wh/km) at the bottom of the drive train section? If I understanding thereā€™s a standard number if using single or dual motor?

Guys any reference for a short deck that will fit AT setup?

1 Like

Not trampa, a longboard

1 Like

Check this out-

3 Likes

Which deck is considered to be a nice carve deck for mid speed and also easy to find a enclosure? I know people like EVO for high speed but what about 18 to 25mph carve deck?Any recommendations? Thank you!

1 Like

I would say a loaded vanguard would be nice for low speed carving and @eBoosted has some big nice enclosures for it.

2 Likes

@b264 can you recommend what type of Conformal Coating would work best for coating phase wires.
Trying to help https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/wtb-flipsky-6354-motors-190kv/100660/17?u=skunk
@c4Lvin out

1 Like

Unfortunately I own a boosted plus , they are similar decks right? What about loaded Icarus?

2 Likes

Yeah the boosted stealth deck is very simular to the vanguard besides the fact that it may have a bit less flex. I have seen builds done on the Icarus and I belive @eBoosted has enclosures for it to and the sense that I get is that itā€™s a great deck but not for high speed which is exactly what your looking for!

2 Likes

Icarus works at high speeds too, most flexy decks will as long as you understand the limitations of them. On smooth roads it doesnt matter too much tbh as your not going to be bouncing around too much. At 18 -25 the icarus is a dream to ride. I have an icarus build, it will be very similar to your boosted though dude. This uses @eBoosted vanguard enclosures as this was built before he started doing icarus enclosures.

4 Likes