Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Thatā€™s one of the things I really liked about the Turnigy SK3 6374 and its successors like the SK8 6374 - theyā€™ve got an extra bearing to support the can. Kinda wish there was a way to fit that into a 6355 without a full reengineer and loss of copper/stator size.

4 Likes

Can domebody vouch for these?

1 Like

Where recommend buying battery pack and charger?

10S from a forum vendor and a charger from Metroboard/Evolve/enertion

3 Likes

One of the p group has drifted away. Iā€™m about to attempt this. Got any tips to make it a little safer for me to do this?

What should I max the battery amps out on a 12s2p 30q battery? I had it at 50a for a bit but it would cut out. Is 35a good enough?

what esc/vesc are you using?

Tb vesc 4.12 and 6355 190kv motor

You can fit a 12s8p on this enclosure:

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/trampa-hs11-holypro-35-ds/

2 Likes

Should it be fine to use this as lubrucation for my gears? It is flammable so I am worried about it igniting if the gear box gets too hot but it canā€™t possibly get hot enough to ignite it? Not that a fire in the gear box would cause and harm anything besides removing all the lubricant and heating loctite.

Hey guysā€¦ so my troubleshooting seen some progressā€¦ my cutoffs/dropouts seem related to my GT2B Remote.

I already re-paired it many times and the antenna is on the top of the case away from all the other wires. Reception seems fine as I can go away 10 meter and still throttle the board with itā€¦ but you can clearly see in the metr record that I get dropouts (1.50PPM) which means it gets no signal on these occasions.

Anyone has an idea or had similar issues with their GT2B ?

grafik

1 Like

I donā€™t know but Iā€™m glad the data is helping to pin these problems down instead of leaving us guessing so much.

1 Like

@wafflejock
Yeah itā€™s helpfulā€¦ I will just try to check all the cables once againā€¦ The problem is - the terrain that I am riding in does not allow me to have cutoffs especially not when going downhill from the mountain so I better get this problem solved soon or go back to my Maytech remote (even though I learned to love my GT2B)

hmmm iā€™m not sure with a 12s. Any one else who may know the answer?

35-40A because each cell can do 20A continuous and you have 2 in parallel Iā€™m pretty sureā€¦

3 Likes

@Resonant No, thatā€™s not a lubricant, itā€™s a penetrating oil designed to break free rusted parts - donā€™t use that for lubricating anything that you want to work for more than a day. Use grease or a lubricating oil.

@KaramQ Those cells are good for 20A each, times 2P, gives a maximum safe discharge of 40A.

4 Likes

20A per cell is correct, but I wouldnā€™t go higher than 35A, especially on a 4.12 @KaramQ

I changed it to 35a

Perfect! If you get any further cutouts from here, I would drop it to 30A, what motor A you got?

1 Like

6355 190kv torqueboards