Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Can anyone shoot me some suggestions on a riser for cables to go through that’ll work with the haya shortboard(for Haggy kahua trucks)? Sorry not at home so couldn’t take a proper photo of the underside.

You can use any hub you like and just swap the bearings and spacers to ones with an 8mm inner diameter.

I.e. One week before Colorado, I snapped one of my 12mm axle trucks. I had an 8mm axle version of the exact same truck. I couldn’t get a 12mm axle truck replacement in time so I just got 8mm bearings and spacers off amazon and it did the job just fine.

1 Like

I have a new Unity i want to put it in my evovle. for now everything in it is stock so i have a new remote and i will need to change the connectors of the battery and motors but this is the question.
how do i setup my Unity through enertions bldc tool. can i use it straight out of the box without any additional setup or what setting max/min is recomended with the current set up. bms and battery is evolve obviously. it is all stock

How do I fix this? All I know is the issue is the can. When pushing against the part of the can sticking out, it looks like the can aligns and stops hitting on the inside. The shaft is not moving at all, but when all together the can can move.

Can loose from the shaft I’m guessing. Tightening the grub screws might help. Or not. I ended up buying a new motor after threading one of my screws :frowning_face:

Edit: Just realized that wasn’t your first post. Might be that, might be something else. whoops

The holes aren’t under where the riser sits, so literally any riser / truck will do as long as your wires aren’t super thick.

2 Likes

You’ll need a new bms and remote that works with the unity.

Stock evolve parts won’t work with the unity and the unity setup should be straight forward using their app on an Android os.

1 Like

For anyone using the xmatic app… Is it good? Can you change Vesc settings and throttle curve from it?

which bms would you suggest? for my needs do i need to buy 90 euro bestech bms or can you direct me to one that would work? is the evolve battery a 10s?

Yes it is.

Just by a simple bms for charge only.

Oh and again I’m forgetting the anti spark switch which you’ll need too.

Easiest solution is to buy a diebiems. It’s a antispark and bms in one sweet package that also includes battery monitoring.

Otherwise a d140 would be a good choice for a charge only bms.

Do some reading about the above and make choices afterwards.

1 Like

right. but unity has has a built in anti spark, no?

Yes of course I forgot about that one too.

1 Like

Can anyone explain to me the benefits (or point me to some reading regarding), pros/cons of VESC 4 vs. Vesc 6?

1 Like

@ZachTetra should I?

1 Like

If you can run the power for it, go for it! As a note they are a lot better if you get the ones with 2 spread patterns and mount them on the top of your deck. 25W of power draw lights up the 40ft in front of me as bright as day and the next 300ft where I can see clearly

1 Like

I think I’ll go for the Amazon one. With this one, I’d have to add an extra converter therefore an extra heatsource inside the case

Having the LEDs run their own current regulation is amazing, currently I’ve got it plugged straight into my charge port with a switch…works like a charm

Make sure you don’t accidentally leave them on with no charger attached or your battery can get permanently damaged if it’s a BMS with both P- and C- ports. If it only has P- you might be okay

Better to move the lights to P- in that case that it also has a C-

1 Like

It’s a discharge BMS but it’s currently bypassed, pulling from the charger port because it’s easier for now. I watch the batteries manually

@ZachTetra I just bought it off your link. Found out i could. Here’s to hoping no import charges

1 Like