Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

are the cans loose?

1 Like

Is the circle clip suppose to fit snug on the motor shaft?
Because mine can be spin around on the motor shaft and seems looseā€¦
But it is the same for my other motor and it didnā€™t seems to cause any noiseā€¦

It might beā€¦
I can move the can if I apply some force on to it :thinking:

as long as the circle clip is in the small gap which made for it on the shaft it can spin a bit, no problem.
but between the circle clip and the motor should be some very thin washers. if you push the shaft from the front, does your motor can move a bit to the back or canĀ“t you push the can backwards?

1 Like

Does somebody know some good 12mm bearings for mbs matrix 2 trucks?

Trampa website or mbs.

I just ordered 10 from AliExpress to try. They were dirty cheap. I donā€™t have high hopes for them to last.

Any major difference between both? And why a 3d printer? I donā€™t have one but my friends do.

Tap the end of the shaft (where it meets the pulley) with a rubber mallet and CAREFULLY tighten the screws that secure the can to the shaft. Donā€™t strip the threads! Check to see if the cans are now solid. If the problem persists put some loctite on the screws.

1 Like

The major difference is woth uart you plug it in and donā€™t have to do a Setup + you have a reverse function.
With PPM you have to do the input setup and loose the reverse function.

3D printer because the Receiver is fairly fragile with its 90 degree angle.

I designed a Case for it (shameless plug)

The case is super hard to break. a bit bulkier but better than a broken receiver.

3 Likes

So if I have a focbox there isnā€™t really a point to plug that in the PPM connector in it? Iā€™ve heard about some extra functionality that PPM comes with, but I donā€™t know what are they.
And using your case, it breaks the connector a bit when we try to push it in? :cold_sweat:
ā€œTO install it, you just take the JST/UART connector and feed it through the bottom, but it will likely crack in its current state because there is not yet enough space.ā€

Yes the can moves if I push the shaft inwards :fearful:
It kinda moves a little bit making the gap in my previous photo bigger but it will go back to its place after i let goā€¦

@MysticalDork already answered and debunked what was wrong

I hear what he said about the single motor let off, I really think negative throttle rate will help you fix this instead of deal with this. It makes it so you donā€™t just drop momentum immediately when letting go of throttle. Happy to fuck off and stop suggesting as well, I just like you :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi!
Curious how many mm are your pulleys?

Iā€™m going to buy belts and I have 15mm pulleys should I buy 15mm or 12mm belts?

Wider belts are always better if you have the room

1 Like

Is there a way to remove the chin strap on a TSG Pass without cutting it? It keeps getting in the way and I never use it, but I still want the possibility to use it if I ever go fast

1 Like

Yep, just ask @b264

3 Likes

Might as well take the helmet off if you arenā€™t gonna use the strap! But seriously even if the helmet fits tight without it wear the strap and do it up as tight as you can comfortably.

1 Like

There is an audible pop when I pull it off my head and itā€™s never come loose but thatā€™s a fair point. The problem is I will be getting on and off the board 20 times a day because classes

1 Like