Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

I agree with all points here, coincidentally Iā€™ve been pushing my heel side turns (regular too!) faster and faster. Went a bit too fast today, rear end slid out, stopping my board completely and making me do almost a somersault. Looked super neat.

I think the way to achieving next level turning is leaning further off the board and having faith in your bindings. When I crashed today, I was leaning so low and out that my slide puck was actually sliding. Then pneumatics and physics kicked in. I was going waaaay too fast for this super tight turn, my fault :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Venom121212

1 Like

1 Like

@Venom121212

Didnā€™t even happenā€¦

1 Like

Will practice turns tomorrow I guessā€¦ bring on the pain

Ok last one for this hour maybe

1 Like

Need some advice. Finally got to try my build today. I love it. My only problem is I physically top out at 25mph before speed wobble starts to get scary. Iā€™m on mini infinity trucks. Green Spring dampa back and white in front. What can I do to remove some of that wobble?

your relationship with esk8

2 Likes

Aside from the basic tightening or change stiffness advice, try elastomers maybe?

We need the spring riders! @Andy87 @DerelictRobot @taz @othersreadingthiswhoridespringsandarroffendedididntmentionthemdirectlybyname

Naturally when things get wobbly, one leans backā€¦ away from danger. Unfortunately this makes the wobble worse. Lean down hard on your front foot and slowly reduce speed.

2 Likes

@Venom121212 Iā€™m able to control it but I dont wanna have to control wobble at 40km/h. I want to get higher

4 Likes

What deck? What are the end angles at? Are you pretensioning your springs?

Traction control on? Whatā€™s your drive setup look like?

Jens is indeed something special haha.

Build thread on it :slight_smile: trampa 35Ā° traction control on. 15t/44t on 7". As for anything to do with tensioning, not sure

Link?

What are your positive acceleration ramping settings at? Iā€™ve found that on AT setups you can run into wobbles from the motors hitting slightly different speeds during higher acceleration, and a 0.3s+ ramping time helps with this.

Iā€™m not familiar with the mini, if itā€™s more a more narrow hanger it could have less stability but those speeds shouldnā€™t be an issue. Are you on inner or outer spring positions front/back? Bindings?

I tension my rear springs about 2mm more than my front as well (so like 1/3mm front/back)

i am working on hooking up bluetooth to my board. i have very little knowledge on the subjectā€¦

1. what type of connector is used of the flipsky dual 6.6 for bluetooth? i cant find anything on their site.

2. will one bluetooth module show the data for both vescs/motors? or do i need a second module hooked up to a second device?

i would like to monitor the total power consumption from both motors on 1 smart device if possible

1 Like

1 Like

i still need to know what connector it is. also, what is the purpose of hooking up the second one?

That is the UART connector, the second one is on that board in use by the remote

But is it a jst-xh? Jst-ph? Hdmi? Thats what i need to know lol.

Also, does one bluetooth module monitor both vescs or just 1.