Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

front. Rear is red and thats fine.

Looks a bit tight to me but might not be. If you tighten them too much they can fall out so you might want to back it off a half turn or more.

yeah usually they should be flush with the truck/Baseplate but thats too loose for my taste.

I donā€™t know, but Iā€™d love to know

Maybe a thread and an experiment is warranted

Iā€™m in the same boat as you. Iā€™ve found that I simply have to get used to turning more with my body weight and leaning further from the board. Getting lower helps too. I lean forward and left or forward and right to turn, not much foot work in mtbs.

2 Likes

mtbs are in general a weird story for me. My feet hurt alot quicker on my mtb with 8" pneumatics conpared to my Hub board. @Venom121212

1 Like

Drill a few holes in the red one :wink: that will make it a bit softer

1 Like

Even going from the same pneumatics on 2 different angles of trucks made my feet hurt for a few weeks. I couldnā€™t believe it used such different foot muscles.

what trucks do you use?

i use mbs matrix 2 with mbs tubes and tyres + mbs deck

It might try it

1 Like

I was using the ats12 which are more street trucks than mtb. Now Iā€™m using matrix 2. Are you using a deck or wedge to get the 30Ā° tip angles?

Its via the deck. I use the mbs comp 90? i think. The one with the eagle design. My guess is that the deck itself is fairly thick and that contributes to the ā€˜ā€˜painā€™ā€™

Yeah mbs decks arenā€™t known for being flexy. Weird how different trampa and mbs are.

1 Like

Still falling on my back whenever I try to make a cool tight left turnā€¦ right turns are so cool on the mountain trails I can even slightly drift into themā€¦ but f*ck meā€¦ On any left turn I rather not turn enough and go straight into the bushes or I fall overā€¦
Maybe I am not standing on the board correctly?
Any of you guys have pics of your feet when strapped down on your MTB?

Are you riding regular or goofy?

1 Like

Regular

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to explaine a riding style but when I do a sharp left turn I basically put the majority of my weight on left leg(iā€™m regular also) and on the heelā€¦ And max out how much I can lean. It can help to ā€œliftā€ with your right foot/toes.

Haha I should not try to explain my riding style when Iā€™m drunk.

3 Likes

Yeah well it might also be the terrain that I am riding inā€¦ mostly very steep up or downhill with lots of rocks and loose gravel.

I will just try harder but its so strange that I fall over so easily it doesnā€™t even take much so I was wondering if I am standing too far on the back or anything.

Also my right foot hurts like hell when going up a mountain trail for a longer time (because most of the weight will rest on it).

Ainā€™t easy that MTB hustle

1 Like

Same as you iā€™d say?

When i turn i primarely use the bindings. Turning left i go all in on my Heels and use my ''toes" and push them against the binding. If that makes sense?

1 Like

Thanks for the photo. Maybe I just have too high of a expectation of how my turns should look as well. I am no E-Toxx Jens yetā€¦