Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Did I make the wrong call? says 100% being not charged

good point, ill just use the one atm.

A lot of times those voltage meters need to be set to something like ā€œ10 seriesā€ ā€œlithiumā€ or whatever. Make sure itā€™s set right

1 Like

You need to set it to the right battery type you have and then ā€œstringā€ is the amount of series you have in your battery

2 Likes

something sounds familiar about thisā€¦yeah if i were you Iā€™d cut into the pack and measure from the BMS plug, better safe than sorry. In my case it was a dead p group. I need to be clear my problem was caused by the BMSā€¦the part that controls charging for the number 4 p group was shorted. (Iā€™m sorry i donā€™t know the tech talk) in my case it was not a cell issue.

Question. Just got a Psychotiller battery from a friend that only charges to 47%. Is it a bad p group, bms not balancing?

@b264

possible to make I could make a ā€˜half assedā€™ heat-sink using this expoxy?

ā€œaluminium filled pourable epoxy for making moulds, patterns and holding fixtures that can be machined, drilled or tappedā€

1 Like

Is this too tight?

Sounds like a bad P group

It could be a p group that has drained to low for the bms to charge itā€¦?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking, I just hope it isnā€™t multiple p groups

Do you have a multimeter or any voltmeter?

I do but Iā€™m not comfortable playing around with the battery. I did measure it at 36.5v at 47%

1 Like

Is it a 12s? @thisguyhere has a very nice article how to check/fix drifted groupsā€¦

ā€Ž 10s

Do you have a link?

1 Like

Nah, but any tighter and Iā€™d switch to red.

Thats the thing. I had red on and had to loosen them so much that i lost one while riding (never found it)
Red is too hard and orange almost too soft. (i would tighten them even more if they werenā€™t on max already.

Front or rear?