Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I believe @b264 would recommend tb110’s

1 Like

Well…I fked up…

I didn’t have the right colors when I made extensions for my hall sensors. So red and orange are both orange. White is blue. I need to resolder new wires to the old ones but dont know which of my orange wires is 5v and which is a hall sensor. Is there a way with a multimeter to know this?

I like the TB110 wheels and your kegel pulleys will fit

1 Like

I am looking for a good 8" wheel for the project I am working on.

Any suggestions besides Trampa and MBS?
The only requirement is that there have to be 72T pulleys for available.

Maybe there are people here that make wheels?

I post it here because I don’t know about all the talents in this group yet making it a noob question haha

Take the motor apart and look at where the traces go? If it’s the 5v wire, its trace will go to all three sensors. If it’s the sensor wire, it will only go to one.

1 Like

That won’t help whatsoever… the motor sensors are fine. They are plugged to an extension jst cable. My problem is I have everything strapped, glued, jbwelded, siliconed, triple heatshrinked, and routed through the board. So i can’t physically look at the cable where I cut to add extensions and figure out which is which. Is there a trick I can use with a multimeter to fund out what wire I’m holding?

@Flasher Take apart your motor and check continuity from the known 5v trace in the motor to one of the mystery wires?

Check continuity from the vesc’s known 5v wire to one of your mystery wires?

do you sell the wheels TB110 do my pulleys really work on it?

my pulleys.

That belt looks dangerously loose

1 Like

oh yes, it’s loose. I bought smaller because it didn’t work out, they got big

I think Boardnamics recommended between 255 and 270 on his mounts

@ShutterShock Problem my pulleys are 3m. I think I’ll have to change the pulleys. The wheels will really because the mount scrapes the floor.

1 Like

+1 for TB110
i have about (200)mi on mine and my biggest complaint is that i have no complaints.

5 Likes

My biggest complaint is there just too perfect, I hate how grippy they are and that they dont slide. I Hate that they dont chunk or crack. And dont even get me started on how they feel too good.

4 Likes

Oh I’m not sure about those pulleys. You need kegel core pulleys. Those may work, not sure. I’d need more measurements.

These wheels

@yelnats8j I managed to slide the TB110 yesterday but halfway through the slide they gripped and threw me over the board. I busted my ass a little bit LoLz. They are super grippy on dry pavement

4 Likes

Yeah, on loose gravel they slide, but as soon as you hit anything flat its game over.

Oh yes, I will see. Tks!

Does anyone have these wheels or recommend? Are good?

They are very hard, not good for bricks. Not bad on dirt/gravel/grass if you’re light

3 Likes