Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You’re using the old version of the Flipsky 4.2 Plus based on the pic you shared, the 3 PPM cable plugs into the VX1 receiver board and the extra blue single cable got to the positive lead of the VESC for the battery LED reading on your remote.

Without that your remote won’t show the board’s battery level :+1:

1 Like

By the way, anyone can share some thoughts on this?

Pretty sure I have the newest one. That picture is just from the website documenting the connections. There is a extra white wire for me, not blue, which is the one I’m going to connect to the positive VESC lead.

Edit: I’m dumb. I found the extra blue wire in the box. I think I understand now: blue wire only needs to be used when using the 3-wire cable, but if I’m using the 5-wire cable, then I can just plug it in and the white wire will go to the positive lead.

If you’re using the latest one from them, the VESC actually have a port to plug in the whole receiver without using the extra wire for battery level and the 3 wire ppm cable :slight_smile:

The one in the red box :+1: just plug the whole receiver in :slight_smile:

If your VESC doesn’t look like the one in the pic then you have the old one :frowning_face:

@Jun I see now. I have the regular FSESC 4.2, I think the version you’re referencing is the Pro.

Does anyone have any insights on my other question?

I saw on Pryside’s threads that a TVS Diode is highly reccommended. Is this needed? I have an anti-spark loopkey and this is my VESC.

1 Like

I think this VESC has an issue where it cuts off if you set the motor current too high >30A :thinking:

The mod on this was to change the capacitors or something to make it runs better on higher amps but that isn’t something that is easily done for noobs like me :sweat_smile:

I used this VESC previously for a bit and used a AS loop key with it too, ran on motor current 30A/-30A with no issues :+1:

Mine motor 5065 also came 16 I kept. . I don’t know if I did right to keep

What obtainable metal has the highest thermal mass per gram? Is it aluminum?

I feel like this is a @professor_shartsis question

So unobtainium is off the table here :wink:

1 Like

If you are talking about specific heat capacity then you can’t really get much better than aluminium

1 Like

I think it appears then that aluminum is very good, magnesium is better, and beryllium is way better.

1 Like

Yes but aluminium is the only (easily) obtainable.

1 Like

You can replace them if you want, if it is like the horrible stiff stuff that comes with hobbyking sk3’s I would probably replace it simply because they are so short and stiff. Surely the flexing would eventually break them

I don’t think it is too horribly difficult to replace them and there are probably tutorials out there. All my motors are 12 awg silicon wire but that is just because I received them like that

2 Likes

14AWG is iffy but doable.

16AWG I would replace.

Tem que abrir uma tampa do motor para mudar os fios?

1 Like

What the hell are you getting on the floor what to do? Sanding support or changing wheels?

LOL that sucks is that a 70mm wheel?

You need 83mm+ for almost all esk8 mounts & pulleys

1 Like

changing wheels

2 Likes

Yes 72mm. LOL! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I will buy new wheels and pulleys.
recommend any?