Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

How will I know the color sequence? Where can I find?

here it is for the motor you will have to contact flipsky to verify the vesc pinout

The U,V,W those are the phase sensors those really dont matter as much as the 5V and the ground those have to be correct.

1 Like

@ganso.silva @Briman And here is the flipsky schematic

1 Like

Both of my motors had some play with the can. I took the motors off the mounts and found both circlips to have a little too much play so I removed the circlip and both washers beneath on one motor and added a fatter washer. That eliminated the play and its fine again.

Now the second motor has the god damn keyway stuck in it. I like an asshole used loctite 680 and pressed the fucker on. So I cannot get it off now. I tried heating it, using a wrench, a vice, vice grips. Bottom line the fucker is stuck. I can possibly get the circlip off but I will not be able to put an extra washer on. Is there anything I can do to fix the can wobble if I cannot swap those washers beneath the circlip?

Does anyone know what connector the LTT Smart BMS uses for its balance leads?

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/

@Briman I need to study more, I don’t understand. LOL

As is the name of this adapter? 5 to 6 pin adapter?

@Briman this would work for him?

1 Like

With those two batteries I would not set the “battery max” over 23A in the settings. This is assuming one motor. For two motors, halve that

correct

Looks like it would be a jst 2.0mm connector

1 Like

i need help from anyone with the original davega. im in the config. asks battery capacity. is this for a single cell or the whole pack?

I am pretty sure it’s the entire pack

1 Like

Whole pack

1 Like

The whole Enertion BS Thing aside, would a Focbox Unity be worth picking up from somebody other than Enertion? Its still a really good ESC despite being sold by a shithead company right?

I love mine. I bought a second fully knowing I’d be waiting too long for it. If you can get one without breaking the bank, I’d recommend it.

2 Likes

Helped me a lot! Tks :pray:

1 Like

So I just received 2 6374s from @dickyho but they come with 16AWG phase wires which seems awfully low. Will I need to replace with 12 or 10AWG?

I’m using a Flipsky Dual FSESC 4.2 and Flipsky’s VX1 remote. The VESC has a 3-wire servo cable coming out of it, which the documentation says is for the receiver. The VX1 remote, however, comes with a 5 wire cable and the documentation for that has this cable plug into one of the ports on the VESC and one wire into the positive lead for power (but already has power from the connector?)

Which one is correct? I’m leaning towards the latter option.

Also, what’s the Bluetooth for in the diagram, if the remote receiver already handles it? Is it for diagnostics?

@bshin100 The VX1 can be connected with either. Uart gives you data. As for the bluetooth module, it’s to connect your phone for on the go settings and telemetry on the phone

1 Like