ArcboardsEV Products Thread [SERIOUS]

Hey everyone! It’s Lin here. As some of you might know, i joined the Arcboards team sometime last year, and this thread will be dedicated to the products that we are working on.

We will be slowly updating this thread in the next two quarters so do keep a lookout! I’m sure some of you have seen a few pictures floating around of the 2020 models we have lined up, so feel free to reach out, @ArcBoardsEV and i will be here to answer any questions you may have.

For now, here’s some sneak peeks!

The Arc Finix

The Arc Stryx

There are a few more that we’ve yet to show as we are still working behind the scenes on them, but you will eventually see them on here! Till then, be sure to watch this thread for more updates to come.

So, who are we?

Ho Hung Yi @ArcBoardsEV

Hung Yi is our main man, he designs, builds, rides, you name it.

Toh Weide

Weide is the engineer of the operation, and played a big part in the infancy of the project.

Linford @Linny (hey that’s me!)

I’ve been building my own electric skateboards since 2018, and joined the team in September 2019. I’m mainly the prototype,machinist in the operation, and basically anything hands on.

When was Arcboards launched?

Arcboards is an electric skateboard company founded in early 2016, and is behind the world’s lightest electric skateboard, the Arcboard Penny, weighing at 3.9kg.
It’s specs include a 9s2p battery pack, VESC hardware, and a belt drive with an outrunner motor.
b0930357821f9588c17be35c8ea588ca_original.jpg

Later in 2017, we launched the Arc Aileron, which features the 121c Aileron deck, and a bigger motor than it’s predecessor.

In 2018, The Aileron V2 was launched, and along with it, came the Fusion Gear drive. The gear drive offered significantly better range, free roll, and efficiency. We also offered a bigger, 5095 190kv motor with the Fusion drive.

While we were continuing the production and sales of the Aileron and Penny, we were also prototyping the big boy, the Finix. Here are some cruddy prototypes of them from 2018 to present.

So yea, that’s the history of the Arcboards journey. That’s all for now folks!

The Arcboards Team :heart:

40 Likes

I am as giddy as a schoolgirl.

16 Likes

excited! i both liked & subscribed!

7 Likes

meee tooo stoned and licked!

Good Luck @Linny and @ArcBoardsEV

7 Likes

This is… …something else entirely…

Wow…

What are the handling characteristics of this, both in theory and empirically?

Also what do you call this? TRKP?

15 Likes

I was just thinking this, very interesting truck design. I have to wonder how it performs in comparison to DKP. I would imagine it is more stable for sure

1 Like

I’ve been doing a bunch of range tests on both the Finix and Stryx and they both have this truck set up. I would say it’s in the middle in terms of stability between RKP and DKP.

Then again… the bushing set ups are not ideal yet. I am using Orangatang hard bushings on the RKP, and stock TKP bushings, and stock pivot cups.

We plan on calling this… the Fusion Kingpin. But open to other cool names!

12 Likes

I can already see skaters hating this like how they hate how we use double kingpin trucks

Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

I’m interested. Is there any videos?

Reverse kingpin roadside combined with traditional kingpin boardside.

RKRCTKB

Rekct Kingpin

8 Likes

That’s catchy.

11 Likes

That’s a tiny gear drive right?
Is that something that’s been out and I’ve missed or new for these boards?
Can you say what the ratio will be or still in testing?

3 Likes

Did you design the deck?

1 Like

Yes it is! The gear drive will be able to fit wheels from 85mm to 120mm. That means your favorite Kegel/Abec type wheels will be able to fit our adapters. 80mm Kegels might work but the gearbox may be too close to the ground for comfort.

This geardrive is our third revision, and is a fully sealed drive with a bearing seal. The first version had no V ring nor bearing seal, so road dust could enter the gears over time. Surprisingly, we had 0 gear drive issues with the V1, and it was on our single drive complete board!

6 Likes

I gave some suggestions and feedback… but @ArcBoardsEV was the main man behind the design of the deck. I’m the hands on guy :smile:

5 Likes

It looks great, how many plys is that thing? It doesn’t look like bamboo is it maple?

That’s how you keep a good job :smirk:

4 Likes

Let’s just say it’s a LOT of plys. It alternates between Maple and Beech. Every four layers of Maple, there’s one layer of Beech. The deck has a thick belly similar to my Chonkas build, and i started with a 45mm thick block.

That’s for after office hours… :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Ride footage? I had some recorded, let me see if i can find them.

2 Likes

I would love to see the FKP in action

5 Likes

Beautifull deck and interesting truck design
Does it allow drop through mounting?

2 Likes