ArcboardsEV Products Thread [SERIOUS]

Yep that’s the plan. The height of the truck is pretty high due to the FKP so a dropthrough would allow a lower ride height.

3 Likes

Yeah my thought too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Here’s some ride footage of the Stryx! This one is on a pneumatic set up with 6" wheels.

5 Likes

sweetness - what’s the wheelbase on this baby?

2 Likes

I’ll get back to you on that, but the deck is 29"

Edit, wheelbase is 22"

3 Likes

My take on the name of the trucks: RBYMKP = Rides better than yo mama kp.

PS: arc is no longer working with 121c?

5 Likes

wow - perfect! next question - how’s the seal on the lid? - hopefully weather-proof

1 Like

We’re still working with 121c, but we are perfecting our own integrated deck designs at the same time. Integrated decks are great to build with, it’s like a game of Tetris with the enclosure space and components.

6 Likes

The seal is pretty good, but with all top mounted lids, once water pools up on a rainy day, water has a chance of ingressing into the base. A fully integrated one will be very much rainproof, so customers in the future can have the option of a battery swappable setup, and an integrated setup where the lid can be sealed and with a layer of griptape.

5 Likes

I can definitely see the lid cutout and overall design being unappealing to many customers. Glad to hear you will be offering a seamless version! I suggest you have most product photos be with that one :smiley:

Will you be selling only completes, or individual parts as well, like the gear drives? Also, you should probably put a link to your website in the first post :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks, website added! We are considering offering parts like the decks/gear drives but will have to check with the rest of the team before we can give a green light. If there are enough people keen do give a shout!

True, out of all the people that have seen the battery swap setup in person, like/dislike ratio seems to be a 50/50. For those who prefer a nice big pack and less risk of water ingress when riding in the rain, the integrated seamless one is what i would recommend.

Then there are riders that prefer to ride/carry the amount they ride, 2 batteries in the board and two batteries in the bag for example. @BillGordon seems to like the swappable feature from our last chat.

5 Likes

do we by any chance get to know what parts are used in these?
thanks

1 Like

I do like it. There’s something freeing about riding without checking battery levels or worrying about range. The guys at Arc kindly provided me with four packs, so when I run the first set of two packs down, I just swap in the fresh packs and turn around. I would definitely want 6-8 packs just for the options it would provide.

Also, for anyone concerned about charging hazards, being able to take the batteries out and charge in the open or in a bag is a real bonus, and since the packs are enclosed and encased, there are no worries about torn shrink wrap and such.

As for the deck, all I really care about is the shape, and IMHO, they nailed it. I like a wider deck with my size 13 feet, and I have enough space with the Finix deck to take a wide, long stance and feel nicely locked in.

I should also add that the trucks are unquestionably more stable than DKP and close to RKP for me. These trucks have a wide footprint, but turn much better than you would think, and I have yet to feel unstable (albeit at my somewhat pedestrian speeds). That may have to do with the beefy nature of the hangers as much as the pivot design.

8 Likes

Not 100% convinced about the decks but that small gear drive and special trucks are realy tempting

6 Likes

Very tempting board, well thought out. Can we see some internal shots. (Send N00dz)

3 Likes

Buddy we just met!

Ok just one, but that’s all you’re gonna get for now. This is a 10s5p pack.

9 Likes

Noice looks really well done
What esc/vesc?

2 Likes

:shushing_face:

5 char

4 Likes

Ooohhhhh

Is that a lid top mounted power button on the Stryx? :scream: