Arbor 40" with 150mm evolve pneumatics. Started my second build.

After my first build that serves me great I want something that can go a bit off road. Not roots ‘n’ rocks off road. Just park paths where my wife can ride her Mi scooter and I find hard to follow with thane 97mm wheels. Mostly city riding.

What I love about my first build is that it is just 8.5kg, have similar range as Mi scooter, goes uphill easily (I am 80kg), and can go faster than I am comfortable. Some scientific specs :wink:

Few things I have or waiting to be delivered and for few things I am still not sure what to choose.

Deck

Arbor 40". Gift from my wife.

Wheels

Evolve hubs and Evolve 150mm pneumatics.
TEKTON™ 7-BALL XT™ STEEL BUILT-IN BEARINGS

Mounts

Whoosboards mounts for Caliber style trucks – Dual setup

Enclosure

Green basics trough saucer 60cm
Maybe temporary but it just fits so good and it’s so cheap. I actually overpayed it in local store. Almost 9€.

Hanger

FatBoy Solid CNC Machined Hanger for Caliber II Baseplate

Baseplate

Caliber II baseplates 50/44

Drive

Belt
66T Evolve wheel pulley
?? 20T motor pulley

Motors

?? 2 x Flipsky Battle Hardened 6354 140KV 2450W 540g
?? 8mm round short shaft
?? 8mm round long shaft
?? 10mm D-shaft

?? 2 x Flipsky Battle Hardened 6374 3500W 980g
?? 140KV
?? 190KV
?? 8mm round shaft
?? 10mm D-shaft

Battery

Samsung 30Q with printed holders which take a lot of precious space
?? 10s5p
?? 12s4p if enough space?
?? 10s6p if enough space?

BMS

Charge only
?? Daly

Remote

?? Thumb control

ESC

GO-FOC DV6 3-12S dual 100A

Any tip appreciated.

*Flipsky ESC, motors, and bluetooth served me well so far.

2 Likes

Go bn270
You might get wheel bite I think with my axis with TB218 on 6x2clevers my back foot was right on the wheels

190kv
Definitely bang for your buck :call_me_hand:

I was really hoping that 220mm are wide enough with this board and wheels combination. 270mm just looks too wide. Is there such a thing as too wide? Getting 220mm from @Anubis while they are still in stock seemed like a nice option since I am in Sweden. And how about 230mm or 240mm FatBoy hangers? Price is holding me back from those but I might consider it.

The only reason why I am considering 6454 is because pair of those is almost 1 kg lighter (980g x 2 - 540g x 2 = 880g).

1 Like

You can try 220 :thinking: or you can do 270 in the back and
220 up front or maybe @mackann has some old stuff laying around :star_struck: he’s the El jefe DUDE of esk8 in Sweden :call_me_hand: good luck watching this thread
(3dser stuff is the best in the market but you need gears he doesn’t make clamps :cry: for belt drive motors)

1 Like

Decided to risk and try to fit Whooshboards mounts on Fatboy 230mm. Updated post images with new parts.

1 Like

Motor mounts arrived both for this one and my old build :slight_smile:

It seems that caliber clamps have a pretty good grip on Fatboy hanger. Nothing moves. I might try to add some extra support on the curved side though.

3 Likes

Looking good :star_struck:
love the raw fat boys can’t wait to see it all mounted up on the board :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Curious why you didn’t do drop through, did you have wheel bite?

Might just be my bias towards drop through haha

1 Like

On my axis my back foot was right on the tires kind scary but I love it low my next lowrider

My hummie

5 Likes

Oooof love the look of TB110s but don’t like thanes :rofl:

1 Like

I am still gathering parts so not much decisions are made yet. So I might go drop through. I just wanted to see the board with wheels mounted. But I should mount drop through to test wheel bite. Currently busy trying to remove old motor mounts and motor pulleys from my first build.

2 Likes

Which enclosure is that?

1 Like

Which one the sportster is from Bustin it’s abs having issues trying to put my10s4p it’ll fit I just have to get a smaller BMS

!

1 Like

And the hummie is kydex from John @hummieee

I really like how it molds to the board Don’t know on longevity yet but really like Kydex for the money
But the best is fiberglass I would hit up @BigBen he might have something that will fit
I know the axis Is pretty flat with a little bit of (concave)arch on each side so it shouldn’t be that hard to find a enclosure just measure to make sure

2 Likes

Yes if it works you’ll like it :sunglasses:
Plus I feel more control when I’m in drop through mode
I AM ONE WITH THE BOARD :vulcan_salute: :pray:

2 Likes

I usually mount these clamps rotated 90 degrees compared to how you mounted them. That way they have more clearance to the road :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This was just testing the fit and photoshoot :slight_smile:
I will make sure to rotate them once I have motors.

2 Likes

That’s beautiful!

He must have a huge vacuum table. That seems like a much quicker process than fiberglass…

1 Like

MakerX is here :slight_smile: I love the small size!

2 Likes

Nice build
I went with the arbor years ago.

Wheel bite was defintiely a problem, I had to drill xtra holes in the mounts and offset them,

Sold it because I didn’t like sidewinders. and to fund another build

1 Like