Appa v2 | 4wd M1 | SKP 6485 | DV6P

Why would you turn them on and off and program them separately if you have can connected? You should be able to see all 4 sides.

vesc is very finicky when it comes to 4wd detection, itll often times not properly do detection correctly with all 4 vesc connected or lose connection to 1/4 vesc during. not only that when ur riding after u completed motor detection with all vesc powered on at the same time u will have weird accel cut outs

1 Like

#vescthings

2 Likes

#almostmakesyouwanttoputinahobbywingthings

1 Like

#notevenalmost

3 Likes

Anybody know how long shipping takes from MakerX to the east coast?

Took about 7-8 business days to NJ like last month

2 Likes

Okay so I have all of the parts in, so itā€™s almost time to get started on a final assembly.

I was wanting to be able to toggle between 4wd and 2wd just depending on the type of riding Iā€™d be doing.

What I was thinking was Iā€™d remove the push to start chip on my second dv6, and have 2 buttons which would turn each one on individually. Iā€™d then run a ppm splitter from my puck receiver to each dv6. This way signal would be going to both but Iā€™d be able to decide whether I wanted 4wd or no just from the buttons I pressed.

Would this work @YUTW123 ? If so, is there anything Iā€™d need to worry about?

1 Like

It should work that way, but I havenā€™t tried it before haha.

Also would it be possible to run one button to both vescs and have the other one go to just one? So one button would be 2wd and the other would be 4wd?

I would have to remove both push to start chips with this plan though.

Shouldā€¦ā€¦ work. Very interesting idea.

You would need to give your receiver 5v from both ESCā€™s which is a no no from all that Iā€™ve read.

And the other option 2 receivers, wonā€™t work with a puck right?

1 Like

Why exactly is that a no no?

Any advice on this? @YUTW123

So I connect all can wires when doing can with one button? Or do I leave out gnd? @YUTW123

2 Likes

You can leave out GND. For single button you can split SW on the power button and have one run to the second ESC. This was what David from MakerX recommended to me.

Edit: his exact words to me were you need to connect SW of both ESCs

But I did the split thing from the power button as I mentioned canā€™t remember why.

To control two ESCs at the same time, you only need to connect the SWs of them together.

So how exectly would I go about this? Connect the white wire to both dv6? @YUTW123

1 Like

Yep. Youā€™re just sending the same input to both vescs from that one momentary switch contact.

1 Like

Great, thank you.

1 Like

Okay so Iā€™m having some issues with the vescs. I have the button connected to both of them and power is being supplied to both from the battery. When I press the button, the light comes on momentarily in both the button and the Bluetooth modules for both dv6ā€™s, but the light turns off as soon as I stop pressing the button. Any insight on what is happening?

Please note that I donā€™t have one dv6 hooked up quite yet as I needed to position some wires with the battery before I did that.

Any insight on this? @YUTW123

Do you have this issue? @zero_ads