Apex Boards - UK Storefront

Lmao wow that’s rough

I’d pick em up if the shipping cost less than the product but not this time

2 Likes

my thinking is that it may have something to do them looking kinda like another well known companies ones

5 Likes

Sunmate?..

2 Likes

Maybe we should start offering different services. DHL express is phenomenal, it’s mostly next day or the day after from the UK to the states and customs is extremely quick as they have their own staff in the customs department but that costs money. You should see how much shipping is the other way (and then import duty) you guys get a great deal.

Maybe we could offer slower shipping as well

9 Likes

Yeah yall’s import stuff is nuts

Lol they’re by sunmate yeah but so what, no one is stopping people from re selling sunmate wheels

2 Likes

So if we raise the cost of the wheels to make them more than the shipping cost it’s a deal right?:joy:

8 Likes

Confusing huh lol

No, I guess I’ll just survive with only my fivestars, and if I need another set, I’d probably just buy another set of fivestars haha

It’s probably cheaper for me to get them straight from aliexpress but obviously that would include waiting and then not having the upgraded adapter. Idk it’s tradeoffs, I’m just saying I probably won’t because of the high shipping prices. I’ve only paid that much for shipping like once in my life so far

IMG_20210909_172316_325
credit @Evwan

1 Like

?? I got the joke

Edit: this is pointless thread clutter now, and yes, that meme is very old

1 Like

I stole that from Google but ok

1 Like

Getting a little of topic but I can assure you that someone is.

12 Likes

So someone is preventing everyone from having more fun as usual.
We should just make up the CAD for these and release the files.
Then well its open-source for anyone to use. I dont think you can copyright a angle, but im
not a lawyer. With that said we can just add an extra 1% degree to the model an BAM its no longer the same pattern.

Some things I understand why we dont allow copies and make trademarks for etc.
Some parts of Esk8 are like notes in music imo, an unless you have orchestrated something
special I see no reason or way someone can claim certain things.

Like a HUB. Hubs have been around before Esk8 and well i digress

I kinda want to know who but understand we may never know.

You can copyright cover mechanisms and functions and features but you can’t copyright an angle.

You can however get design rights which protect the look and design of a product. Seems that there are existing design rights that cover this specific design.

If that makes it visually different then sure, but generally China companies like sunmate don’t do that, they directly cone cause it’s easier.

Open source is not a free pass to ignore others rights. If someone owns copyright or design rights and there is an open source project that infringes those rights you can build one yourself but you still can’t sell products based off those concepts or designs.

Should be kinda obvious at this point. What other hubs are the sunmate hubs visually similar to?

Anyways let’s try keep this on topic.

Apex are clearing these as we have just found out about these existing design rights. We fully support original design and have no intentions to copy others original work.

We want to lead by example and respect the rights of others in this space, So we’re clearing the little stock we have and will not be restocking this product any time in the foreseeable future.

11 Likes

I understand fully, but I see nothing special in that design its just an angle change from the original.
So they can but we cant, sounds about right.

The issue with these hubs is not the spoke design, but the plastic hub itself. This is what the design rights cover.

4 Likes

Is it possible to buy a set of the metal mid-hubs from you guys in an e-parcel or something?

You could offer them as an “upgrade” or something for people who buy sunmate from aliexpress and want actually reliable mid-hubs

Also I realized who it is, duh.

4 Likes

Trucks are back in stock, photo quality may not be all that. But you get the picture.

25 Likes

Any plans for something like a 15 degree baseplate for those?
Could be nice for street carvers xD

3 Likes

@ApexBoards you guys been working with Frank on their trucks?

Edit
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Nevermind, it’s been mentioned already apparently.

2 Likes