Apex Boards - UK Storefront

I feel like MBS got that bundle down to an insane amount by being the producer of all those parts and having much larger batches. Even if this price was in dollars, just the trucks and deck on the Predator would be around 700. Then you throw in the bindings, wheels and tires and here we are. Of course we are getting boned by conversion, but such is life - at least we don’t pay VAT when we buy things from EU and UK.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was mentioned earlier that as Apex are not VAT registered, that international customers are effectively paying VAT or at least partial VAT.

3 Likes

Balls. Here I thought not being VAT registered just meant no taxes for anyone. Well…this US stimmie is REALLY set to support the UK economy I suppose.

5 Likes

Im with this guy, for what ever reason some esk8 company’s decided to sell things as singles.
Any skateboard company like independent, Krux, Grindking, Venture, Royal, etc has set
what I would consider a standard of selling trucks. They are sold as pairs not singles unless at a skateshop.

Trampa, Mbs, etc are not a Truck brand’s imo but they do make trucks. Do you pick bones reds
or trampa bearings? I would go bones as they are all about bearings and have been the go to for many
years. They have roots and sell in sets. Same for truck company’s. Most are sold as sets.

Im not sure why esk8 has wanted to try and be separate form skateboarding as a whole but here is my 2 cents. Riders will never want a board/product that is all from one company. Trucks boards etc will be swapped with other parts to make a ride suited for the rider. Any company who is trying to lock there parts to only them will fall in the long run.

I believe part of the way skateboarding grew, was the skaters.
The skaters needed ways to express themselves Art, Grip, Trucks, Wheels, etc.
The skater’s need to be funded in order to push the sport and keep the companies alive.
So the riders need gear that is from multi companies.
One company can not afford to pay for employees and multi riders living expenses… I mean…
The Muli companies could become the riders sponsors or income.
The sponsors then can pay the rider to do what they do and it does not have to be as much, since
the rider knows they can pick up more sponsors.

This is a little off topic, but my main point is lets not try and look at what people in this scene are doing
as much as the groundwork that has been laid out for us, through skaters like you and myself for decades.

All black boards, no art, square cases, what is going on!!! I can tell most esk8 companies
are not looking at skateboard company’s as leaders to follow. (Im not pointing fingers either, look at boosted. Black and Grey! FFS!)
Where is the awesome graphic boards for me to choose like in the skateshop?

Sorry had to rant a little.

14 Likes

Q had to cnc his deck to make that happen.

3 Likes

Should be possible but it will depend on the size of the motors and drives your using. It was tight on mine even with smaller motors and I had to mod the deck.

@r_713 the key difference is that the MBS board comes with matrix 2 trucks. These are great but they are not precision. Anyone who’s owned these will tell you that they can have huge tolerance variations and the unusual hanger profile can make mounting motors difficult.

With the Predator 50% of the the cost is in the trucks. They are more tunable, more serviceable, stronger, lighter and they look amazing. That comes at a cost.

No one’s forcing anyone to buy these. It’s just another option.

They definitely ride different and it’s hard to quantify that over the internet. Hopefully when people start to get these in hand they will share their own feedback. It always means more coming from a customer than the manufacturer.

And Unfortunately we don’t have much control over shipping and import costs in different countries. Hopefully some time in the future we will become vat registered in UK which should make things a little cheaper for those in us but currently there’s no solid timeline for this.

We don’t have to charge vat on our product, but we have to pay vat on the components we buy.

When we get registered we no longer have to pay vat on our components but will have to add it into the final sale prices. If your outside of UK you don’t have to add it so it will be cheaper but then you have to pay your local vat rate which for most of EU is similar anyway.

10 Likes

the reason matrix 2 and trampa trucks are way cheaper simply because they were designed for mtbs not emtbs, so the designs are ‘weaker’ and tolerances are all over the place. @ApexBoards are using some of the highest quality parts they can get there hands on. and the fact they got the complete board price down to a similar price to that of a complete trampa board is pretty amazing

12 Likes

MBS Apex

Mbs has been in the game for almost 30 years now.

Apex is just 3 dudes who love to esk8 trying to bring some esk8 focused parts to market :call_me_hand:

20 Likes

Nice this is very true good looking out

True again thank you :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you!

We are not comparing to any other brands, these trucks are completely different. The way they work is different, they way they are made is different and they are e-specific. They would work for gravity no issues but they really are designed with eboards in mind.

The price is out of our control @r_713 and it is what it is. Its deffo not for everyone! We appreciate that and I wish we could make it cheaper, let’s see how it goes in the future. This is still a new technology and although we have tested it as much as we can, there are still lots of things to learn.

10 Likes

@ApexBoards will the bushings be released tonight? or is there a way i could order a set of fatcones now? also want those new carbon fiber deck preservers (they look good)

1 Like

I’ve been doing some homework on specific trucks for specific skateboarding I picked downhill slalom for instance
And yes @ApexBoards (the three amigos) :rofl: you are right and @RipTideSports Brad the best made trucks are sold separately :call_me_hand:
I just listed American brands because I made that dumb comment :man_facepalming: but there are also wonderful European and UK brands so don’t get mad at me
This is the article I read and did some other research

image image

8 Likes

It’s all going in stock on the site tonight bro.

It’s our first time doing this so let’s hope it goes smoothly.

4 Likes

k awesome thanks
will order then
9pm?

2 Likes

14 Likes

nice
pair of fatcones in 90a and 87a please…

Just prepping the Website.

Drop imcoming

1 Like

Gonna be fun to watch these sell out in 6 seconds :joy:

3 Likes

make sure you select a duro to see stock levels.

have at it :+1:

12 Likes

Captura de ecrã 2021-04-09, às 21.02.20

NOICE

4 Likes