Apex Boards - UK Storefront

They haven’t been put on sale yet, 3 days to go.

8 Likes

whew

thanks for the TLDR notes haha I wasn’t sifting through 500+ posts

CC ready! haha

If anyone wants I’ll prob have bindings and hubs for sale since I won’t need emm just want the deck and trucks

7 Likes

may be interested in the bindings how much you gonna want

2 Likes

Might be interested in hubs

2 Likes

whatever they cost new from MBS lol

2 Likes

No battle here. just different approaches.

Agreed.

Agreed. Much prefer the feeling of barrels over springs but its personal preference. Different strokes for different folks.

@Trampa whilst your here, do any of your current drive options work with a 22mm x 22mm hanger profile? I think this is similar to your older trucks pre CNC finishing.

Also, @Brently @Halbj613 this not a for sale thread, lets try keep this on topic :+1:

11 Likes

The best trucks are sold as singles!

14 Likes

apologies!!! you are right.

To stay on topic - can you tell us what kind of bushings will be used? If I have a bunch of standard barrel bushings can I use those? Or do I need a apex air specific group of bushings? If so I’d like to order a set of hard/med/soft when I do buy the complete.

2 Likes

Here is the link with the bushings offered/recommended

7 Likes

thanks sorry for being a pest @ducktaperules @ApexBoards

5 Likes

Well if you said it it must be true :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

We have been testing with Riptide krank bushings. I believe others will fit and work but officially these are what we recommend and have tested with.

6 Likes

No its not, its called informed opinion. Ive tried both setups

I have had springs and hated them, they 100% bounce you around and tend to bounce you to the outside of the turn on rough ground - I loved the trampa trucks btw, I haven’t had any issues with them when I used them at all except for the limited adjustment. We’ve been very careful to not compare our stuff to anyone elses, other eMTB trucks have been using springs before even Trampa existed - this is a problem that hasnt been addressed properly before in my opinion

@Trampa - like this, we all have our own opinions and variety is the spice of life

If you think adding preload to take a damping material outside of its operating range is adjustment then ok…

Untrue. All trucks with fixed pivot points are prone to harmonic feedback and therefore speed wobbles. Our truck doesnt fix it entirely but it goes a long way to preventing it IMO.

We are not trying to compete with your stuff Frank, we are aiming at a completely different customer,

17 Likes

Faaack. Why do you have to be in the UK? :sob: The trucks and whole board look soo nice, but that British pound to shitty American dollar conversion is a real boot to the knickers. I was really hoping the Brexit fallout might eventually trickle down to a better conversion rate with the US, but I know fuck all about how that works.

8 Likes

weve been on the receiving end of a bad conversion for years so I know how you feel bro. At one time it was $2 to £1! But yeah international currency conversions are not helpful.

7 Likes

Colab with @Boardnamics for a US supply of airs? :sunglasses:

But one thing at a time, big fucking congrats on the child, way cooler build than these trucks I gotta say.

9 Likes

DIYing a kid is all fun and games until they breakdown in a middle of a god damn store.

12 Likes

This is why I buy prebuilt children

10 Likes

@Taraskasyanyuk @jack.luis on topic guys :+1:

7 Likes

The real Apex Heir. One of a kind, custom designed, not for sale. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Congratulations! @Lee_Wright

6 Likes