Anyone ever try fliipskys 16.5 trucks with pneumatic all terrain tires kit?

Was looking around for some trucks and wheels and came across these. Anyone have experience with them? How fast have you gone on them? (I plan on buying without motors and max speed i plan on going is like 30 on the road) Tried searching the forum about these but cant seem to find anything

I haven’t ridden them or seen them in person so take this with a grain of salt.

I was looking at that setup for awhile and ultimately decided against it due to sheer cost/quality. If you look at any other motor mount/wheel/truck setup you’re going to be closer to $400 vs the $115. Being as I run my boards quick and fast I quickly made the decision to spend a little more and have something that has more of a following behind it, just for peace of mind.

Personally at that speed I would look towards a RKP or TKP. If you are looking for a mountainboard I am confident in saying there is something out there that will be more bang for your buck (More expensive yes. but much much longer lasting).

Another reason I chose against them is customizability when it comes to bushings/dampeners, I couldn’t find any other options than stock for springs and such.

Like I said I’ve never ridden them or owned them, but I went thru the research and that’s where I ended up.

Would love to actually hear from someone who has ridden them

1 Like

Start Here

I dont have experience with these trucks, I dont trust flipsky with anything, especially my life.

I have recently fallen in love with the Newbee RTKP tho, transormed the steering on the front end and can turn tight tracks and i can use quality bushings, infinitely tunable.

Have a search on here for those, have a read up on the various mtb trucks.

1 Like

+1 for the newbee RTKP, great truck

only reason i buy from them is cause they are the only players in the game that dont charge an arm and a leg for stuff that are pretty cheap to manufacture. And what sucks is having to spend damn near 200$ just to have wheels. like that costs just as much as 2 brand new tires for my CAR. its ridiculous. And when u have stuff already that you CANNOT use and wasted so much money on because companies like torqueboard design their trucks around only THEIR products youre forced to spend damn near 200$ on trucks. Its a pain in the ass for someone like me who cannot afford such luxuries. Like I dont make enough money to just drop 400$ casually on just trucks and wheels. Things are so overpriced and its insane.

i also need to point out im not looking for a mountain board. just something with tires that i can ride on the road and in grass.

I get that its not a cheap hobby but thats no excuse to put sub standard parts under you. Flipsky hardware is unsafe. It breaks, its garbage, thats why its cheap.

Bargains can be had all the time, people offload stuff here regularly you can save a packet on quality.

Many source tyres on the cheap on aliexpress but at the end of the day… you know… this aint a cheap hobby.

The only thing expensive about this hobby is trucks and wheels. And ive used flipskys 4.20 escs for almost 2 years now and they work amazingly still. I also used their dkp trucks. Granted i cant find ANY reviews on the kit i asked about which isnt a good sign but it seems its the only option. The price gouging of something as simple as trucks and wheels is INSANE. Like i get it, some trucks are for heavier people who need the stronger material and some trucks are for people who carve a lot or ride in competition. But come on.

I think the value in precision hardware available is insane, have you looked at the matrix III trucks? Amazing value… or checked out the private sales?

Im definitely the wrong person to have a whinge at about price of equipment. I often feel like im robbing them so im unlikely to jump on your boat. If i want something exotic, i save for it, buy it and use it.

1 Like

Def will have to look at matrix trucks. Ive been looking at boardnamics too and they are pretty cheap as well for their quality. And im also just ranting my frustration lmao, especially considering some stuff being sold for like 3x their price was bought wholesale off aliexpress😭