Any p42a cell users out there?

I hope… Because I have just finished up printing 20 pcs 6p NESE modules, for 21700 molicels p42a :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They fit :+1:

3 Likes

It seems the 30T are king between 100%-85% EOC by a lot, 40T are average discharge and range wise and P42A have really low sag and last way/way longer than any of the Samsung variations.

I’m convinced I made the correct choice by going P42A

I’m building a 12S4P for the Sportster

13 Likes

can confirm, i have 12s4p p42a in nese 21700 modules

4 Likes

How do you like them so far ??

2 Likes

i like them a lot although i’ve had them for a few months havent had enough ride time to have a fully developed opinion yet. So far they appear to be performing as advertised.

2 Likes

im going with your enclosure for my evo build with p42a 12s4p the limit you can fit single stack

1 Like

For what enclosure and deck?

the landyatchz evo 40 your single stack enclosure

1 Like

You could fit a 12s4p made with Molicel P42A, amazing setup

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m thinking of going to 21700 myself and saw the Molicel P42A seems to be the new cell to get. I’m running 10S4P with 6354 Dual Motors and OG Enertion Vescs. Should I do a 10S2P or 10S3P with the P42A cells?

2 Likes

3p is all around better, if it isnt breaking the bank then you will be much happier with the 3p over a 2p

2 Likes

Yeah I really like the specs on this one. I haven’t worked on my boards for almost a year now. My current pack is a 10S4P LG HG2 so max is 80A? I don’t remember what I have my VESC/Motor/Battery setup but I know it was weak and couldn’t make up some steep hills. One of my VESCs were repaired and looks like a Frankenstein device so I didn’t dare put higher amps. I should try it since I have a backup new Flipsky 4.2 Dual Plus (I’m aware of everyone’s negative experience with them). I just hate removing my enclosure to do the settings :frowning:
PS anyone know the weight of a 10S3P 21700 pack?

The P42A weighs about 69gms-70gms each. Just add on your estimated wiring/fishpaper/strip/shrink wrap weight.

4 Likes

Wow I got a reply from the Mooch himself???!!!

1 Like

Da Mooch is kewl like dat!!!

3 Likes

What the heck is he doing here on esk8 forum? He’s an esk8er too!?!? I thought it was just battery testing, vaping! Anyhow, i feel so honored!

2 Likes

he’s here raising the gene pool of intelligence
we had to disinfect the pool last time jason was here… then it was safe for Mooch to share his knowledge!!

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I was here or rather then THERE when I got my first single board. Then I saw the Raptor 2 and I knew them hub motors and 10S4P pack would have tons of problems. It was basically DOA. Guessing that’s why he went belly up. Or stole peeps cash.

back on topic…
4wd 12s4p P42As 120 battery amps 30 a motor

4 Likes