Anti spark switches

That probably doesn’t protect from sparks, its likely just the contact sealed in the shell so the sparks don’t escape

The size of that thing is huge. Too big even for ebikes

1 Like

But I just measured the picture and it is only about 3/4" tall.

3 Likes

Lol yeah I’ve got one of these on the boat it works fine for 24volt but it’s massive and ugly.

Integrated socket switch is more convenient

hahahahaha

1 Like

Thats the same one I have on my boat .Basic isolator. I actually think that they are on all my mates boats too. Be a bit conspicuous I’m thinking. Basically a loopkey with an actual key and does have a resistor so antispark. As you said sparks boats no.

This thing is something worth looking at. @Kug3lis pictured this a while ago.

I just got a couple of those maker x switches. I will try to kill them.
@YUTW123 do you stand by your product? Talk to me. Recommended settings for 12s?
This is a science exercise so I will be pushing them.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I would love a bit more info on the maker x
@YUTW123 can you explain the pre charge circuitry please?

Whats the turned-off current consumption ? it should be in uAmps, am I right ?

Actually, this is not acceptable in a circuit designers point of view…

When its AC, Voltage polarity reverses in a sinusoidal form. While doing that it, goes to zero 100-120 times in a second, when you break the circuit, current also goes to zero while reversing its polarity (by nature and the name of the AC, Alternating Current) and cannot create a spark… But when its DC, voltage is always greater than zero, so when you break the circuit, current tries to pass through air… Hence we see that as the spark…

2 Likes

Ahm if you want push to start u need some sacrifices (mcu consumes power while off waiting for push to start event) I have ideas how to mitigate it but it’s over complicated and right now I have no time to do R&D If you came here to flame everyone and here is mine then good luck Bro :wink:

1 Like

Thanks man, same good thoughts here… I am reading all the previous threats that I can find, yes mcus consumes power but there are ways to make it almost zero… Your posts shows that you are a electro-technical person, I will DM you and lets talk a bit more…

Lm5165 and stm32l011 at 4.2MHz means practically zero current consumption.

(Like 100uA)

You could also go for the lm5164 and STM32G0

1 Like

Or you could involve bit more brains and make it 10nA :wink:

There does not exist any high voltage linear regulator or buck regulator with such a low shutdown current, unfortunately.

2 Likes

What do you all think about this switch or similar? coupled with some resistor maybe for anti spark? I’m a big fan of the ‘dumb’ methods of turning your board on and off now a days.

3 Likes

Much like a boat isolating switch. The size may be an issue.

Says 1/2 inch copper main terminal studs so looking at it the main body would be in the region of 4" Could be reading the description wrong though.