An Evasive icon: The ESCape

You having a good time @mmaner ?
How does it feel to watch instead of being the one doing all the arguing?

10 Likes

But are you still not responsible (and in the wrong!) on both of those occassions for selling clones, or is it only you whoā€™s allowed to setting the standards on when copying is ok and when itā€™s not?
Sounds to me like double standards.

One time you go on full out rants on the copying, and when you yourself do it, you seem to shrug your shoulders, saying - we actually didnā€™t do it; someone elseā€™s fault. Not a biggieā€¦ We probably wonā€™t do it again, since those wheels are not interesting to us anyways. Such excuses! So wow! Many strange!

The fact that you donā€™t straight up admit that you were responsible for selling copied designs with your brand on it, and also see that your credibility in these design protection discussions is kind of weakened by this same fact is actually mind blowing and embarrassing!

But this tells a lot I think. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not in this same business as you guys as I donā€™t have to deal with all this BS for real. Iā€™m just a happy customer choosing what to buy and what not to.

11 Likes
11 Likes

its really hard for me to hold back on cynical comments here, but i will say im really disappointed in the attitude of such a big name in esk8

5 Likes

Donā€™t tell me this thread has a SRO tag on it I didnā€™t see lol.

3itv4w

18 Likes

nope

11 Likes

Iā€™m not having fun, if thatā€™s what you mean. These types of posts are irritating AF and it pisses me off massively that they are necessary. I do however feel vindicated and that is nice.

16 Likes

I just mean it must be nice not to be the one having to lead the conversation and waiting to reply to every half answer from frank

6 Likes

It absolutely is. Iā€™ve only read this thread twice today to catch up :grin:.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice change from having to refresh the page every 30 seconds and not being able to leave your computer because youā€™re in a heated argument for an hour straight. Lol

6 Likes

I just found my next tattoo :grin:.

12 Likes

it kinda speeks volumes that the only likes for frank here came from mmaner :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

It has to be a tattoo of sender with a speech bubble

9 Likes

Or at least your new title

7 Likes

Please someone help Kaly mass produce his decks so we donā€™t even have to look at Trampa builds anymore.

There are VESC 6 based VESCs coming soon from China and even if they are priced 25% more than they were announced it will still be a deal in comparison, just remember to donate to Vedder so he can keep providing support.

9 Likes

Two different types of product, although trampa has a lot of flaws they, still make some great MTB products and their quality is spot on.
Though, they did deny everything I sent them about bad aligned holes drilled in my deck.

5 Likes

Iā€™m confused, is that supposed to make all the rest of Trampaā€™s actions ok?

6 Likes

Iā€™ve bumped it since yesterday :grin:.

4 Likes

I would confess that I havenā€™t tested either but from the reviews of experienced riders who tested more boards than I did, the kaly is an improvement.

I wonā€™t argue their quality and customer service because I donā€™t have any experience with them but the kind of behaviour you described has happened before that people complaining about something get the ā€œyou should be glad to have one of our awesome productsā€ treatment.

The only problem is that good people have designed great parts for the Trampa line up while the other brands were forgotten but this is slowly changing now.
Also, I would rather buy parts and support someone who is not a douche even if his products are the shit.

10 Likes

They are basically like Apple in some sort of way, if you do anything to their design, they just send a lawyer to you, (just like apple and those repair shops scandal). They probably wonā€™t care about what we think anyway, business is business.
They have perhaps invested in a not really profitable product (opensource software and schematics), so they want to do everything in their power to keep this straight, and keep a revenue stream from the VESC project.
But nonetheless, the products are decent, and thatā€™s what keeps people using them.

2 Likes