Amethystine - tomiboi integrated | Sidewinders | NeoHubs | 10s3p 40T | V4 NeoBoxes | VX1

Background!

After much back and forth I’ve gone for condensing some early stage boards from my quiver to this…maybe this is my 10th board or something? All I know is it’ll bring the quiver to 5 if my other hub board doesn’t die again

Important things!!

1. must be carvy and fun AF
  2. must not be made from more cheap junk

I’ve got the powerhouses and I’ve got the weaklings in the quiver already, this should be something I enjoy for real and something to be proud of!!

I think this will end up around $1k all totaled, I think that’s reasonable…maybe a bit more than I’d like but that’s what not cutting corners does I guess

Parts!

Externals

• Deck: @tomiboi integrated drop through test deck
    Trucks: Gullwing 10" Sidewinders, drop mounted (Black)
  • Front Wheels: Orangatang 77a Caguamas w/ Zealous steel built-in bearings
  • Rear Wheels: RideNeo 85mm 75kv NeoHubs (White)

Internals

• Battery: DIY 10s3p Samsung 40T w/ waterproof bypass BMS
  • Antispark: Luna Cycle 120A (White Icon)
  • ESCs: RideNeo V4 NeoBoxes (CAN connected)
  • Bluetooth: BKB HM-10
  • Connections: 5.5x2.1, MT60, GX12 (all IP67 treated)

Peripherals

• Remote: FlipSky 750mAh VX1 (UART)
  • Charger: Amazon 42v 2a

Specs!

Speed: 23.0mi/hr (theoretical)
Range: 27.0mi (theoretical)

Settings!

Motor Amps: 40/-30 each
Battery Amps: 40/-30 each
Sensors: Enabled
Traction Control: Enabled

Pictures!

Parts start arriving February!

18 Likes

Nice plan, and a great test case for neo stuff. Set to “watching.”

4 Likes

Thanks! I’n super stoked to be putting Jeff’s parts to the road, fingers crossed his products are as amazing as their development times!

3 Likes

Does bigbens enclosure fit the Drop Hammer? How close is it?

2 Likes

I did some fancy pixel math and the corners would overhang if they weren’t rounded, I’ll get the scaled layout done tomorrow afternoon so you get a sense of how the dimensions lay out.

I’ve got another 20ish millimeters of clearance on the sides so I might add some strips of underglow to this. It would be 2 strips of 0.5mm 144pix/m IP68 addressable LEDs running off a remote controlled signal generator and a 5V 10A constant output step down from the battery. I’d also add the external 5V rail for USB charging of my phone and remote if I do that.

The edge is about 585mm for reference

Opinions?

• Pretty lights
  • Less is more

0 voters

Fancy lights are awesome and fancy and great and super cool. But it’s one more way your skate can break on you, and nobody likes a broken skate.

2 Likes

True but it’s a trivial fault. I can run each side on independent signals and the 5V line can be fused. It weird just be a MR60 on each side so low risk of water ingress. The step down is after the antispark so it’s not like it’ll draw power either

3 Likes

Lights help you get seen better and will probably definitely get you laid 100% more.

Id run them off a separate pack to avoid failure if you have the space.

6 Likes

How the fuck do you guys do the fancy formatting shit. I thought I was clever when i learned how to make shit go slanty

12 Likes

Go to the little gear thing in the top right of the text box and select ‘Hide Details’, replace the text with whatever you want

3 Likes

Research markdown formatting

3 Likes

Far too high tech for me. I’ll stick with slanty and might even get a little bold here and there.

7 Likes

Oh those slanty words. I can never tell if it’s just some extra emphasis or if someone’s trying to be suggestive and flirt with me

4 Likes

I reckon @kook has the hots for everybody

8 Likes

@kook is the modern-day Caligula.

4 Likes

I love everyone

7 Likes

As promised, the pixel measurement based layout. I took a linear approximation for the length and width based on the 36.5"x10" listed for the deck itself

The red is the enclosure, the blue is the battery (void is perfect packed cells), green is the ESCs

Lengthwise I’ve got 120mm for all the wires, welds, dividers, and insulation. The BMS and antispark doesn’t count because they are super tiny and thin so all the wires will sit ontop of them

I’ve got 17mm of space on each side for the LED strips and their shielding, the PCB itself is only 11mm wide so that’s 3mm on each side for the shield

I’m shocked y’all don’t support adding neon underglow…disappointing

4 Likes

Quickly tossed the parts into Blender to get a better sense of scale, the enclosure will be cozy but not cramped

I can stack the BMS and antispark so the wires fold neatly and have a little room left over for dual lock on them

Current plan is the U design with an XT90s termination to the antispark and a XT30 termination to the BMS for charging, the antispark gets a pair of XT60 terminations to the ESCs and a XT30 termination to the aux electronics (LEDs and USB chargers). Charge port is a 5.5x2.1 jack and it’ll terminate in a XT30 to the BMS as well

3 Likes

First round of good stuff came in today! Carves like a dream, rides like it’s made of butter, feels glorious under the feet…I love it! Shout out to Stoked for hooking me up with the parts

It seems this build will be delayed since hubs and ESCs will not be in production until after the coronavirus epidemic

14 Likes

It looks so nice!

I was thinking by myself of the Drop Hammer with Caguamas for pushing :slight_smile:

1 Like