Amethystine - tomiboi integrated | Sidewinders | NeoHubs | 10s3p 40T | V4 NeoBoxes | VX1

I got the BigBen enclosure and its sexy AF…catch is the enclosure has WAY less rocker than the deck and significantly more concave to make it worse

If I press one end flat it has 5mm gap on the center line, and the far end pops up by 11mm in the middle and 18mm on the center line

What do? I guess I can add massive foam gasket or route out the deck but neither sounds particularly nice

Foam gaskets are what I would do over routing the deck, I got an inch of gasket on my killshot.

2 Likes

M-D Building Products number 02311

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=M-D+Building+Products+2311&t=h_&ia=shopping

1 Like

Holy hell that’s thick! All closed cell neoprene foam or should I bother with some more rigid filler and a thin gasket?

I got some of that stuff but way thinner

1 Like

Hey @ZachTetra would you be interested in temporarily taking a spare metr module of mine, and putting it in your board?

I’ve got a 10s3p 30t, and since you’ve got the same config but 40t, I think it could be a cool comparison if we set our vesc values similarly.

Lmk

1 Like

If you send one over I’ll happily stick it in and send the logs over, but I’m second batch for the NeoBoxes and NeoHubs so it won’t hit the road for a while. Current plan is a BKB HM-10 if you just need the power consumption

1 Like

PM your address I’ll send it within the next 2 weeks

1 Like

This is where I’m at with the enclosure leveled out…

5 Likes

Oh you just gotta form it a little with a heatgun I think, those gaps look small enough to fix on photo.

2 Likes

You can do that with fiberglass?

1 Like

It’s 0.125" fiber glass…I don’t think I can bent it before it starts to burn :joy:

3 Likes

Oh fuck nevermind, thought it was ABS

3 Likes

Like I can stand on it with it only supported by the ends and it does not noticeably bend…it’ll be more structural than the deck

If I route a slot for it to sit it will actually hold the deck together in the middle

1 Like

Is it worth making an epoxy ‘wall’ under the edge of the enclosure so it has a better seal?

4 Likes

that is the point of the gasket, no?

I have two hummie builds I need to mount enclosures to soon I’m in this boat too.
oh wait it should fit nicer than this so nvm

2 Likes

I have 0.125"x0.75" foam tape that I was planning on using, I can get thicker stuff but then it puts a lot of stress in the middle where the contact is

2 Likes

your epoxy idea isn’t bad for that, don’t see how it could make it worse.

2 Likes

Put the enclosure on, trace the outline in painters tape or pencil. Get thin adhesive foam in a roll around 1" wide. Lay it on the inside edge of the traced lines.

This is the way.

Don’t worry about the compression in the middle, it will be fine. The foam will take the stress, not the enclosure.

7 Likes

What’s the enclosure made for as usually his enclosures are perfect

Also anyone thought of @BigBen