Aluminium Drop down brackets?

Thats where the heat comes into play.

About 770Ā°C and quench

Does everybody agree on a 2" drop. What about flex or no flex? Those with a double stack battery may want more or less. Also length away from board? I need some general measurments

2 Likes

IMHO: 1" total drop with the option to drop the truck thru the riser bracket.

2" is a pretty drastic drop should have some flex, but must not deform under heavy cyclic loading

1 Like

Maybe more than an inch for AT wheels

youā€™re doing itā€¦ go for what your gut tells you

not aluminum but iron so its kind of heavyā€¦ :smiley:
but anyone can do this with a flex and a welder, those are more common then a cnc I guess

9 Likes

Hey @dani , no pressure butā€¦ Any progress? :grin:

2 Likes

jump on board test demanded

bend radius appears to tight

He sent me what you ask in PM, so I canā€™t share it.
Weā€™ll it bounces like Taz but doesnā€™t bend from what I saw :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

fuck yeah post itā€¦

everybody is doing it

be k00lā€¦ post a pmā€¦

jk

Iā€™m kinda sure @blase will post it if applicableā€¦ but his bend radii is still too tight

3 Likes

Iā€™m the kind of uncool guy that respects rules
Booooohhh :grin:

2 Likes

Sent a new version yesterday to be made.

1 Like

What kinda steel?

the deck is bendy af but the bracket seems to be solid

4 Likes

brother your brackets are k00l as fuckā€¦ but can you do the same vid on a stiff deckā€¦ you wanna ride da noodle?

Stainless steel this time or new design?

1 Like

I dont have any stiff decks for now, I will try to find a piece of wood or whatever that wont bend in the afternoon.
This noodle is my experiment stuff that will let me try and learn different things, now that I see how bendy it is I will learn on it how to stiffen a deck up :smiley:

1 Like

Thisā€¦ From another lifetime all of a sudden seems viableā€¦

6 Likes

tensioning and truck angle can be problematicā€¦ but Iā€™ve overcome that issueā€¦ I just donā€™t have a leaf/spring to cut upā€¦

1 Like