Aluminium Drop down brackets?

Widening will make them extend beyond the base plate base

Yeah, is a consideration in case all the measures you already took still don’t work and bending still occurs.

The wide enlargement will be only at the fork section. Not by much, perhaps a couple millimeters to the external sides. Is not that aesthetically bad if they overlap the truck mounting plate by small marging.

Most truck plates sitting on a drop-through position over the tunning fork almost always never overlap the bracket. So is Ok.

Looks like we have a winner…? :ok_hand:t2:
Seems perfectly straight

1 Like

Bad news from me guys.
It doesn’t work, I’ll need some serious design revision before I’m ok with releasing these

4 Likes

Maybe do stainless?

1 Like

:hot_face:

1 Like

One solution, which we talked about in my thread here would be to weld the two plates together, but you would have to get rid of the space you designed in the middle

spring-steel

3 Likes

Fold edges down like the g bomb tts and tta brackets. Vertical orientation for the cantilever is what will give strength

Edit - don’t think these are folded, probably an extrusion

3 Likes

The problem is you can’t have vertical fold on drop down unless you weld the flanges

Cut the vertical part to shape, to form the dropped shape with folded tabs to form the connection for truck and deck. Drill the folded tabs for mounting points.?

No welds needed then…

3 Likes

You gave me something to think about!

Thanks,
I’ll update

2 Likes

@dani, suggestions…

3 Likes

I’m with you on this, but @DavidF wanted a fork … :slight_smile:
Also, it’s slanted because I had no truck on the other side… Just a beam to test these, the bracket itself is perfectly straight.

I will progress in two routes:
first will make the same one from stainless
Second will make a new design based on @rosco suggestions

Dani

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200910-165354_Chrome

1 Like

Could make a fork style, 2 pieces or one piece, with folds for the horizontal tabs to bolt to deck and truck.

Sketchy…

5 Likes

Looking good, the only issue will be with lateral stiffness

1 Like

Any builds using the Exile bracket?..I did do search but couldn’t see any, Maybe it’s hIdDeN somewhere…

1 Like

I’ve wanted to do something like this where you and also incorporate an adjustable strut or stabiliser device in the back at the same time to dial out wobble when you need to.

1 Like

Has anyone used the Gbomb Glass Drop for our purposes? Just wondering if it will hold up for the rear truck/drive train…

1 Like

Got the stainless ones today (don’t ask me how, we’re in full lockdown here), will try to jump on them soon.

9 Likes